As a physician with Providence ElderPlace in Portland, you'll join an established interdisciplinary team providing older adults with a single, coordinated program of comprehensive care and social services. Successful candidates will have 2 years of recent clinical experience working with a geriatric population and be board-certified/board-eligible in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine, or completion of Geriatric Medicine fellowship. In this role, you will manage a small panel of patients at your primary practice location and serve as clinical float to other ElderPlace locations within the Portland metro. Enjoy meaningful work in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
Where You'll Work
- Part-time, 32-hours per week, 0.8 FTE, 4 days per week, Monday - Friday, daytime hours
- Call schedule 1-2 weeknights per month, 1-2 weekends per quarter
- Outpatients primary care setting, home visits and visits in community-based settings
- Collaborate with nurse practitioners, nurse care manages, social workers, pharmacists, behaviorists, and other team members
- 2 years of recent clinical experience working with geriatric population required; Geriatric or Palliative Medicine fellowship preferred
- Generous benefit package including malpractice coverage, health insurance, life, disability, 401K match, generous CME, starting bonus, relocation assistance (if applicable), as well as other benefits.
- As a non-profit organization, Providence is an eligible employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
Providence ElderPlace is a Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), and is the first program of its kind in Oregon. With eight conveniently located centers in the Portland area and on the Oregon Coast, Providence ElderPlace provides and coordinates all necessary care services for seniors to remain active within their communities. The PACE model offers medical care, physical and occupational therapy, lab tests and procedures, home care services and more.Where You'll Live
Portland is rich in character and culture, with strong neighborhood identities and community bonds that defy its population of 2.3 million. Home of the Portland Trail Blazers, "Rip City" offers residents a high quality of life, an incredibly diverse array of dining options and a thriving job market. The city is also an outdoor enthusiast's mecca, ideally situated between waterfalls, beaches, Mt. Hood skiing and hiking trails, forests and the Columbia River Gorge.Who You'll Work For
Providence is a nationally recognized, comprehensive health care organization spanning seven states with a universal mission - to provide compassionate care to all who need its services, especially the poor and vulnerable. Its 119,000-plus caregivers/employees serve in 51 hospitals, more than 800 clinics and a comprehensive range of health and social services. Providence: one name, one family, one extraordinary health system.
Check out our benefits page for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran
Job ID Number: 23898