IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital, part of the largest and most comprehensive healthcare system in Indiana, is seeking an Outpatient Psychiatrist to join our team in the beautiful, suburban area of Muncie, Indiana. Position Highlights
- Join a continuously expanding and growing service line in Adult Psychiatry to continuously evolve and provide comprehensive care to all ages in our community.
- Join an amazing team with Advanced Practice Provider Support along with numerous support staff.
- 90% Outpatient, 10% ED/Psychiatric consults, collaborative agreements with APPs
- Sign-On Bonus Available
- Teaching opportunities with medical students and residents on rotation.
- Available clinical faculty opportunities for physicians who also work with medical students.
- Research opportunities available if interested.
- Adult Psychiatry Fellowship required
- Visa Sponsorship Available (H-1B, J-1 2025)
- Comprehensive benefits package includes group insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, disability), 401K with generous company match, vacation, CME allowance, sign-on bonus potential and relocation assistance
Enjoy an affordable cost of living in Muncie, Indiana
, while taking advantage of the many world-class amenities this community has to offer. One visit to Muncie, rich with history, recreation and festivals, will win you over!
- Home of Ball State University, offering exceptional education, collegiate sports and entertainment
- Arts and culture for all ages at the Muncie Civic Theatre, Minnetrista cultural center, David Owsley Museum of Art, Oakhurst Gardens and the Muncie Symphony Orchestra
- Some of Indiana's top-ranked schools, including the Indiana Academy for Science, Math and Humanities, the Burris Laboratory School and Yorktown Community Schools
- Ranked by Niche in 2023 as one of the top 20 counties to live in Indiana
- Family-friendly activities at the Museum of Art, Muncie Children's Museum, Planetarium, and the National Model Aviation Museum (one of the country's largest)
- Outdoor recreation includes boating, fishing and camping at the Prairie Creek Reservoir, hop on the state's longest span of recreational trails on the Cardinal Greenway, and golf amongst the champions at the Players Club Golf Course or Delaware Country Club
- Wineries, unique shopping and local cuisine, and outdoor music and food festivals
- Named as one of the National Civic League's 2020 All-America Cities for the community's dedication to civic engagement and innovation
- Quick drive to Indianapolis and the suburbs of Fishers and Noblesville, as well as Chicago and Cincinnati
Healthcare System/Hospital Description IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital
is a 332-bed hospital and is designated as alevel 3 trauma center. It is both a teaching hospital and a regional tertiary referral center. Over the last decade, the hospital has undergone a $130 million remodel and currently serves over 82,700 patients daily.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital provides top-quality care and has been awarded with more than 35 top national and international awards to prove its efforts. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is the first Indiana hospital to receive NIAHO accreditation for compliance with Medicare rules, the first Indiana hospital to earn the American Heart Association Award for stroke care, and the first Indiana hospital to be awarded with ISO 9001:2000 Certification. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is also the third Indiana hospital to obtain "Baby-Friendly" designation from Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) for its commitment to infant health.
Since the early 1980s, physicians and staff members have been actively involved in national and international medical research studies, particularly in the areas of oncology, cardiology and coagulation.