We're saving lives, building careers, and reimagining healthcare. We can't wait to grow alongside you.
Tufts Medical Center is seeking an experienced board-certified Gynecologic Oncologist
to add to our expanding team of collaborative physicians and nurse practitioners.
We encourage you to learn more about our opportunity below if you are an academically-minded and highly motivated physician who enjoys working in a team-based environment focused on growth and providing compassionate and innovative care. Why join our team:
The Tufts Gynecologic Oncology program includes five current faculty who are dedicated to patient care, advancing the field and educating the next generation. We have a growing practice with a full complement of support staff including two nurse practitioners and two nurse navigators to provide exceptional, patient-centered care. The team is actively enrolling in numerous collaborative group clinical trials and conducting other outcomes research to advance the field.
Tufts Medical Center is the tertiary center for the Tufts Medicine Health System which also includes MelroseWakefield Healthcare and Lowell General Hospital. The position will be primarily based at Tufts Medical Center, but each faculty member will spend significant time with our community partners. There is enormous potential to grow our program and partner with other Cancer Center leaders.
Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected academic medical center located in downtown Boston, adjacent to the Tufts University School of Medicine. The Medical Center is known for its basic, translational and clinical science research as well as its expertise in health policy. The Medical Center is in the top 10 percent of independent institutions receiving federal research funding. Our mission of advancing knowledge and training students to become future investigators drives us forward to quickly turn innovative research into pioneering care.
Join Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization in our mission to heal, to comfort, to teach, to learn and to seek knowledge to promote health and prevent disease. How you'll transform patient care:
Who you are:
- You'll join a well-established group with support from nurse practitioners, physician colleagues and clinical nurse navigators
- You'll provide comprehensive cancer care to our multicultural, inner-city population, as well as support community-based care at our affiliates in the suburbs of the Greater Boston area
- You'll be provided with an existing patient base
- You'll develop longitudinal relationships with your patients
- You'll have the opportunity to perform robotic and minimally invasive gynecological oncology surgery
- You'll have the opportunity to perform Heated Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC) surgery
- You'll have the opportunity to administer chemotherapy and participate in clinical trials
- You'll be part of a multidisciplinary tumor board
- You'll join and contribute to a work environment that is flexible and in-tune with the desires of a modern workforce that values work/life balance
- You'll embrace one of our most fundamental values of active engagement within our communities, bringing the strength of academic and community care
- You'll have the opportunity to teach the next generation of fellows, residents, and medical students
- Research interest is preferred and supported. The department has dedicated biostatistical and coordinator support
Work, Live, and Grow
- Board certified in OB/GYN and Gynecologic Oncology and Gynecologic Oncology
- Excellent clinical and surgical skills
- Interest in working with a diverse patient population
- In pursuit of an academic career and interested in resident and student teaching, entering at an Associate Professor, or Full Professor
- Passion for delivering high quality cancer care
- Team player who is excited to work cooperatively with a wide range of stakeholders and disciplines to champion world class patient satisfaction and support
- Ability to obtain or current medical license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
: We strive to maintain an inclusive work environment for all our employees. We offer a competitive salary with competitive benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, and more.
· Guaranteed Base Salary
· Substantive 401A retirement plan
· CME Funds and Time Away
· Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy Location:
Tufts Medical Center in downtown Boston and one community-based site in Boston's southern suburbs How to apply:
You can submit an application via the apply button located at the top of the listing. Please be sure to include a confidential CV and cover letter with your application.
Should you have any questions regarding the position or any complications submitting an application with us, please feel free to reach out to Jillian Greenberg, Physician Recruitment, at email@example.com . Why Tufts Medicine:
Tufts Medicine is a leading integrated health system bringing together the best of academic and community healthcare to deliver exceptional, connected and accessible care experiences to consumers across Massachusetts. Comprised of Tufts Medical Center, Lowell General Hospital, MelroseWakefield Hospital, Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford, an expansive home care network and a large integrated physician network. Tufts Medicine has more than 15,000 dedicated care team members providing more than 1.5 million patient experiences per year. The health system is the principal teaching affiliate for Tufts University School of Medicine. Tufts Medicine came together in 2014 to leverage the experience of its member organizations and integrate their missions to together transform the ways that consumers engage with and experience their care. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility:
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.
Tufts Medicine is a leading integrated health system bringing together the best of academic and community healthcare to deliver exceptional, connected and accessible care experiences to consumers across Massachusetts. Comprised of Tufts Medical Center, Lowell General Hospital, MelroseWakefield Hospital, Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford, Care at Home - an expansive home care network, and large integrated physician network. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at Tufts Medicine. Tufts Medicine does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org .