Here at Optum, the largest network of medical groups in the nation, we are seeking a dedicated, patient-centric Ophthalmologist
to join our growing team in Poughkeepsie, NY. At Optum, we are evolving health care nationally while providing physician-led care locally so that everyone can have an opportunity to live their healthiest life. It's everything health care should be. Together, for better health. Work with the world's largest care delivery organization, reach for more and start doing your life's best work. (sm)
The Ophthalmology Department is a busy, well-established, state-of-the-art practice serving patients in the tri-state region. Anticipated retirement of a senior partner will open up a large patient base and growth opportunity. Our board-certified physicians are among the most experienced in our service areas.Position Highlights & Responsibilities:
What makes an Optum Care organization different?
- Independent practice with strong affiliation with local tertiary care hospital that provides a full range of Ophthalmology medicine
- Practice features multiple Ophthalmologists and is fully supported with a team of clinical & non-clinical staff as well as APCs and Optometrists
- Practice comprehensive ophthalmology with fellowship trained physicians in cornea, glaucoma, neuro-ophthalmology, ophthalmic plastic, and reconstructive surgery as well as retinal diseases and surgery
- State-of-the-art equipment including Femto-second laser assisted cataract surgery and access to an off-campus laser suite for Lasik procedures in the region
- Provider in this department will have access to multiple surgical suites and privileges to several ambulatory surgical centers and community hospitals
- Robust in-house diagnostic testing facility
Compensation & Benefits Highlights:
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it well, you can't do it alone - this is the foundation of the team-based care model
- The culture is one of clinical innovation and transformation
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
The Optum Story in the Tri-State Region:
- Guaranteed, competitive compensation model based on quality, not quantity, with significant earning potential, annual increases, and bonus eligibility
- Financial stability and support of a Fortune 5 Company
- Robust retirement offerings including employer funded contributions and Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP for UHG Stock)
- Physician Partnership opportunities and incentives
- Comprehensive benefits plan inclusive of medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, CME and malpractice coverage
- Robust clinician learning and development programs
Optum Tri-State was formed in 2022 by bringing together Riverside Medical Group, CareMount
Medical and ProHealth Care. The regional alignment combines resources and services across the care continuum - from preventative medicine to diagnostics to treatment and beyond - and features 70 specialties, working in 360 medical practices and more than 55 urgent care locations across New York, New Jersey, and Southern Connecticut. As a Patient Centered Medical Home, Optum Tri-State can provide patient-focused medical care to the entire family. This dynamic position would afford you the opportunity to join a regional, interdisciplinary care team of over 2,100 providers who serve nearly 2 million patients. Our doctors and clinicians have access to the latest medical information and technology, which lets them spend more time with patients, provide better care and realize better outcomes. With Optum, we've found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organizations are some of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at http://www.workatoptum.com/provider Required Qualifications:
- Unrestricted licensure in the state of New York or has New York application in process
- Board Certification or board eligibility in Ophthalmology
- Active and unrestricted DEA License or ability to obtain prior to start
The salary range for New York residents is $344,240 to $525,600 per year. Salary Range is defined as total cash compensation at target. The actual range and pay mix of base and bonus is variable based upon experience and metric achievement. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.