The Department of Pathology at the University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson announces a faculty position opening for an academic Anatomic Pathologist at Banner University Medical Center Tucson (BUMCT). The Faculty of the Department of Pathology plays a key role in supporting the mission of the College of Medicine to bring about better health and improve the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases for the people of Arizona and beyond through education, research, and patient care. The selected candidate will receive an academic appointment to the University of Arizona that is commensurate with experience.
The successful candidate will combine teaching, clinical work and scholarly activities at BUMCT. BUMCT is a 463-bed general medical and surgical facility with more than 25,000 admissions, 70,000 ED visits, and 14,000 inpatient and outpatient surgeries on an annual basis. BUMCT is a level 1 trauma center and is home to an NCI-designated Cancer Center, which performs cutting-edge research and patient care, is accredited through the Commission on Cancer (CoC). The Cancer Center also holds accreditations as a National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) and National Accreditation Program for Rectal Cancer (NAPRC). BUMCT performs bone marrow and stem cell transplantations, as well as solid organ transplants including heart, lung, kidney, kidney/pancreas, and liver.
- 1.0 FTE
- Weekend/evenings on call approximately 1 week in 7
- Clinical diagnostic service work in Anatomic Pathology
- Frozen section/intraoperative interpretation of surgical pathology specimens.
- Teach Anatomic Pathology to residents, fellows, and medical students.
- Participate in translational research and scholarly activities appropriate to academic medicine, Clinical Scholar track.
- Night and weekend Anatomic Pathology call
- Board Certified in Anatomic Pathology
- Hold or be eligible for State of Arizona Medical License
- Subspecialty expertise (Fellowship training or commensurate experience) in specific area of anatomic pathology is preferred
Banner University Medical Group offers a generous salary and recruitment incentives, along with an industry leading benefits package that provides security for you and your family:
- Sign-on/relocation bonus
- Eligible for benefit coverage within 30 days
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and pharmacy plans
- 22 Vacation days and 6 holidays
- Paid malpractice, licensure, and DEA registration fees
- 401k retirement plan with 4% match after one year of service
- Financial savings resources
- Career advancement and optimal work/life balance
- Employee Discounts
- Tuition benefits for you and your immediate family (qualifications/restrictions apply)
SUBMIT YOUR CV FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer