EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE GROWING TEAM OF CLINICAL FACULTY WITH BANNER UNIVERSITY MEDICAL GROUP IN TUCSON, AZ
The Division of Rheumatology in the Department of Medicine is actively recruiting an outstanding experienced clinician to join an academic practice that will provide patient care in the inpatient and outpatient settings, teach medical students, residents, and fellows, and pursue prospects for scholarly projects. The physician hired will have a faculty appointment at the University of Arizona consistent with the candidate's credentials.
- MD/DO degree
- BC/BE in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology
- Ability to obtain an AZ license
- DEA Registration
- 1.0 FTE
- Average patient volume of 8-10 patients per 4-hour session, up to eight sessions per week with 2 administrative half days
- Work in outpatient clinic with opportunity to provide care to offsite Indian Health Services and rotate on inpatient consult service
- Treatment of patients with complex multisystem rheumatic diseases
- Teaching and mentoring of residents and fellows
Banner University Medical Group offers a generous salary and recruitment incentives, along with an industry-leading benefits package that provides security for you and your family.
- Salary base plus incentives
- Sign-on/relocation bonus
- Paid CME days with allowance
- Fully paid occurrence-based malpractice including tail coverage
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and pharmacy plans
- Approved time off for all Physicians
- 401k retirement plan with 4% match after one year of service
- Career advancement and optimal work/life balance
- Student Loan Repayment
- Employee discounts
- Tuition benefits for you and your immediate family (qualifications/restrictions apply)
Tucson provides a host of professional opportunities, cultural amenities, and recreational activities.
- Excellent K-12 educational options and the academic excellence of the University of Arizona
- Full calendar of cultural events at the University and downtown Tucson city center
- Endless sunshine, majestic mountains in every direction and breathtaking sunsets
- Easy access to the sand and surf of San Diego and Mexico
- Year-round outdoor activities such as hiking, biking and bird watching.
- Moderate cost of living
Banner Health and the University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system anchored in Phoenix and Tucson that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this merger is academic medicine – research, teaching, and patient care – across three academic medical centers. Our world-class hospital in Tucson is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and training of future medical professionals who serve the community.
Please submit your letter of interest and CV for immediate consideration.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.