Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School - Baystate Health, is seeking Palliative Medicine faculty to join our newly developed Palliative Medicine fellowship program.
• Our current palliative medicine team includes 4 palliative care physicians, 5 advanced practitioners, one social worker, and a strong support staff.
• Baystate Health has the only academic palliative care program in western Massachusetts, and we will soon recruit our first class of fellows. As a benchmark, the Division of Geriatrics and Palliative Care typically train two fellows in Geriatrics fellowship on a yearly basis.
• Faculty appointment to UMass Chan Medical School - Baystate with protected time for clinical innovation, educational program development, teaching, and grant activities. Ability to participate in conferences and lectures, teach our palliative medicine fellows, and participate in research/QI projects.
• In addition to fellows, you will have the opportunity to teach residents, medical students, and other learners.
• Our Division of Geriatrics and Palliative Care includes a home-based palliative care program, specialty-clinic based palliative care, a hospice service (both home and GIP locations), and a robust inpatient consult service.
• We are members of the Palliative Care Quality Collaborative (PCQC) program at a Premier level.
Qualifications: ABIM BC in Palliative Medicine. Strong commitment to collaboration, courage, quality, and lifelong learning is essential.
YOU BELONG AT BAYSTATE. At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
Western Massachusetts provides extensive access to urban, suburban and rural amenities and is home to five colleges with communities that offer fine dining, shopping, music, galleries, and parks. We are located within two hours of Boston and three hours of NYC and Bradley International Airport is 20 minutes away. When you live and work in the Pioneer Valley, you will enjoy picturesque four-season living, excellent schools, and year-round social and cultural events. In fact, Massachusetts was once again ranked #1 in Education nationally by U.S. News and World Report.
For more information please visit us online at: ChooseBaystateHealth.org or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Stephen Bonasera, MD, Chief, Division of Geriatrics and Palliative Care
c/o Lindsay Waters, Senior Physician & APC Recruiter
Are you ready to advance your career with us? Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.