The University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School – Baystate seeks geriatric and palliative medicine faculty with an interest in research to join the newly developed Department of Healthcare Delivery & Population Sciences and growing Division of Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine.
• Baystate serves a highly diverse western and central Massachusetts patient population that includes people from urban and rural backgrounds with marginal social determinants of health.
• This joint faculty position offers an intellectually stimulating environment characterized by an interdisciplinary team of successful scientists & physicians, superb mentorship, access to large, well-curated data sets, and skilled data analysts and research support staff.
• Opportunities to develop strong, sustainable clinical research efforts can be integrated into current inpatient (consultation, ACE) and outpatient (home-based, primary, and specialty clinic) geriatric and palliative care programs.
• Baystate offers an open and inclusive culture that supports faculty development, learning, and diversity.
• The position comes with a generous start-up package and great benefits including paid short- & long-term disability, 6.5% retirement match, paid life insurance, and great family leave policies.
• MD or DO with board certification in Geriatrics and/or Palliative Medicine. Completion of advanced research training is preferred. Candidates should have credentials supportive of an appointment at the Assistant or Associate Professor level.
• Strong research background, with a successful track record of publications.
YOU BELONG AT BAYSTATE. At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
Baystate Health is western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and is home to the prestigious UMass Chan Medical School - Baystate. The cornerstone of our organization is Baystate Medical Center, a 716-bed tertiary care hospital which boasts the state’s single busiest emergency department and the region’s only Level-I trauma center. Together with three community hospitals, Baystate Children’s Hospital, Baystate Primary Care Medical Practices, and a regional health insurance plan, we offer a diverse culture that provides outstanding opportunities for healthcare researchers to start and advance their career.
Western Massachusetts provides extensive access to urban, suburban and rural amenities and is home to five colleges with communities that offer fine dining, shopping, music, galleries, and parks. We are located within two hours of Boston and three hours of NYC, and Bradley International Airport is 20 minutes away. When you live and work in the Pioneer Valley, you will enjoy picturesque four-season living, year-round social and cultural events, and excellent schools. In fact, Massachusetts was once again ranked #1 in Education nationally by U.S. News and World Report.
To learn more about our health system and living in western Massachusetts, please visit our website linked in our profile. Interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Dr. Peter Lindenauer, Department Chair, Healthcare Delivery & Population Sciences
c/o Lindsay Waters, Senior Recruiter at Baystate Health
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.