Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School – Baystate Health, is seeking an Inpatient Endocrinologist to join our organization in western Massachusetts.
• Join our growing division of 7 endocrinologists, 3 advanced practitioners, 4 fellows, and a support team which includes diabetes educators, RDs, and RNs.
• This position is located at our 700-bed flagship hospital in Springfield, MA, where you will provide consultative services to inpatients with diabetes and general endocrine disorders and act as a care bridge to the ambulatory endocrine clinic.
• Enjoy a combination of clinical care & teaching with a faculty appointment to UMass Chan Medical School-Baystate. Teach and mentor endocrine fellows, residents, medical students, and other learners. Inpatient quality and safety project work, including protocol generation, in-service to nursing units, and education to providers and trainees is expected. Clinical research is also available.
• The robust Baystate Endocrinology Division includes an Inpatient Diabetes Service, Diabetes Self-Management Education program, our one-stop thyroid clinic, and our multi-disciplinary thyroid cancer program.
• Baystate offers an open and inclusive culture that supports faculty development, learning, and diversity.
• Compensation includes sign-on bonus, guaranteed variable compensation package, and relocation.
• Excellent benefits plan with paid short- & long-term disability, 6.5% retirement match, paid life insurance, and great family leave policies.
Qualifications: MD/DO with board certification or eligibility in Endocrinology and a solid commitment to the Baystate values of collaboration, courage, quality and lifelong learning.
YOU BELONG AT BAYSTATE. At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
Baystate Health is western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and is home to the prestigious UMass Chan Medical School - Baystate Health. The cornerstone of our organization is Baystate Medical Center, a 716-bed tertiary care hospital which boasts the state’s single busiest emergency department and the region’s only Level-I trauma center. Together with three community hospitals, Baystate Children’s Hospital and Baystate Primary Care Medical Practices, we offer a diverse culture that provides outstanding opportunities for physicians and advanced practice providers to start and advance their career.
Western Massachusetts provides extensive access to urban, suburban and rural amenities and is home to five colleges with communities that offer fine dining, shopping, music, galleries, and parks. We are located within two hours of Boston and three hours of NYC, and Bradley International Airport is 20 minutes away. When you live and work in the Pioneer Valley, you will enjoy picturesque four-season living, year-round social and cultural events, and excellent schools. In fact, Massachusetts was recently ranked #1 in Education nationally by U.S. News and World Report.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Cecelia Davis, Interim Chief
Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes
c/o Lindsay Waters, Senior Physician and AP Recruiter
Are you ready to advance your career with us?
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.