Overview Excellent opportunity for a full-time neonatologist to join a practice that emphasizes a team approach! Responsibilities
Pediatrix ® Medical Group is offering an exciting career opportunity for a full-time neonatologist to join our outstanding team in South Bend, IN. Our highly specialized neonatologists emphasize a team approach to neonatal care that covers the region. All board-certified/eligible neonatologists, including experienced providers, and newly graduated fellows are encouraged to apply! About the opportunity
We have a 39-bed NICU with an average census of 25 babies a day and are supported by a broad range of pediatric subspecialists. In this role, the neonatologist will primarily:
About the offer: Sign-on bonus and more!
- Assess critically ill neonates and administer comprehensive patient care including the use of HFV, nitric oxide and whole-body cooling.
- Attend occasional high-risk deliveries, which are generally attended by neonatal nurse practitioners (NNPs).
- We participate with the family practice residency program
In addition to a generous salary and an attractive benefits package that can be tailored to your individual needs, this leadership position offers:
About the team
- A sign-on and retention program.
- Relocation reimbursement.
- Continuing education accreditation.
- Long-term employment with growth opportunities.
- Access to research, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
About South Bend
- A nurse-led transport team provides coverage to multiple level-I and level-II hospitals in the region.
- An in-house NNP provides 24-hour coverage, with an on-call neonatologist on standby.
- A dedicated core group of respiratory therapists is available 24/7.
- Clinicians also care for approximately 60% of the patients in the well-baby nursery.
- Neonatologists enjoy a block schedule allowing for work life balance
South Bend is located on the St. Joseph River, just over an hour outside of Chicago and 5 miles from the Michigan border. From a beautiful Italian-inspired grotto to top-notch Broadway shows, classic car collections to amazing cuisine, South Bend is the economic and cultural hub of Northern Indiana and the home to the University of Notre Dame and the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. This progressive city has achieved recognition for its various economic development projects. In addition to the Studebaker National Museum and Morris Performing Arts Center, South Bend offers a variety of sports, cultural and outdoor activities. Qualifications
BE/BC Neonatologist Benefits and Compensation
The compensation and benefits referenced is for illustrative purposes only, and will be discussed during and after the interview process.
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement. Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance & Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term disability options
- Advanced and continuing education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Professional liability insurance**
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
- Employee stock purchase program - 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this benefit
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees age 21 and over About Us
Pediatrix® Medical Group, Inc. (Pediatrix) is the nation’s leading provider of physician services. Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians are committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services to women, babies and children across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties include obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine and neonatology complemented by more than 20 pediatric subspecialties, as well as pediatric primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by significant investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives. The physician-led company was founded in 1979 as a single neonatology practice and today provides its highly specialized and often critical care services through more than 5,000 affiliated physicians and other clinicians in 37 states.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers . Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.