Family Medicine Faculty (Family Medicine) (Academics) Us.
St. Mary's Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 346-bed regional medical center is in Grand Junction, one of the most beautiful places on earth. Our mission is to bring health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Your day.
As a Faculty Physician in Family Medicine you'll work with 11 other well-established Faculty Physicians to teach Residents how to provide top-notch care and patient experience. Throughout the day you'll collaborate with several Nurses and Medial Assistants, 2 Advanced Practice Providers, Care coordinators and integrated behavioral health providers.
- You would practice at St. Mary's Hospital and St. Mary's Family Medicine Clinic in Grand Junction, CO
- Our schedule is reasonable and palatable; it has been developed over the years with input from all of our faculty.
- A typical week includes 2 clinic half days, 3-4 clinical precepting shifts, 1-2 GME half days,and administrative time.
- Inpatient weeks include med/peds admissions as well as OB and newborn care. Minimum of one call shift per week of inpatient.
- Weekend coverage and intermittent call are part of the call responsibilities.
- Call is from home until needed in hospital.
In this line of work every day is different, that's why you'll need to be comfortable:
- Providing and managing direct inpatient and outpatient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses, and treatment
- Seeing pediatrics, obstetrics, general family medicine and Osteopathic Manipulation
- Prescribe pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens
- Refer patients to specialists, and to relevant patient care components
- Train and supervise medical students and resident engaged in specialty activities and procedures
- Serve as a collaborative physician for an advanced practice registered nurse and/or Physician Assistant
- Direct and coordinate the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required
Annual Base Salary $200,000.00
Quality Incentive $20,00.00
Call: $250 per Point, max call cap $45,000.00
Sign on Incentive: $20,00.00
Student Loan Assistance: $30,000.00 Your experience.
We hire people, not words on paper. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
Your next move.
- Candidates to be board certified in Family Medicine.
- Three years' practice experience preferred.
- Experience/interest in obstetrics preferred.
- Experience/interest in performing and teaching OMT is a bonus.
- POCUS experience desired but not mandatory.
- The ideal candidate will be a native Spanish speaker, enjoy teaching, and have a passion for rural medicine.
- Employment requires obtaining a Colorado license.
Now that you know more about being a Faculty Physician in Family Medicine on our team we hope you'll join us. At SCL Health you'll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place. Physical Requirements:
No Additional Description AvailableAnticipated job posting close date:
St Marys Medical CenterWork City:
Grand JunctionWork State:
ColoradoScheduled Weekly Hours:
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.
$1.00 - $1,000.00
We care about your well-being - mind, body, and spirit - which is why we provide our caregivers a generous benefits package that covers a wide range of programs to foster a sustainable culture of wellness that encompasses living healthy, happy, secure, connected, and engaged.
Learn more about our comprehensive benefits packages for our Idaho, Nevada, and Utah based caregivers , and for our Colorado, Montana, and Kansas based caregivers ; and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion .
Intermountain Health is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.