PeaceHealth Medical Group is seeking an Acute Care Surgeon to assist with occasional coverage at PeaceHealth's St. John Medical Center, a 193-bed, level III trauma centerin Longview, Washington.
Centered on three rivers and the I-5 corridor, you are a short jaunt away from the Portland Metro area, driving distance from the beach, and just minutes from scenic Pacific Northwest nature.
Why you'll love the practice:
- Join a new staffing model in an established program
- Busy general surgery practice that includes Trauma/ACS
- Team has 4 General/ACS Surgeons with another joining this Fall and 2 PAs.
- 5 ORs staffed on a regular basis
- Flexible OR block time scheduling
- Call schedule is one weekday per week, one weekend per month
- Large catchment area
Why you'll love Longview:
- Our Providers are deeply integrated with the community and have a have a strong desire to care for their neighbors.
- Forbes magazine listed Longview as one of the prettiest towns in America due to its proximity to the Columbia River and Mount St. Helens and beautiful local parks.
- Our town is situated 45 miles north of the Portland metro area and 120 miles south of Seattle.
- Outdoor lovers will enjoy quick access to the Pacific Ocean, Mount St. Helens, as well the never-ending outdoor recreational options in the Pacific Northwest.
- Longview and the neighboring community of Kelso have a combined population over 57,000, so you'll skip the trip to the larger cities for your shopping and dining needs. Our area has many locally owned specialty restaurants and shops plus national chains.
- Longview was founded near the Columbia River which supports the thriving lumber and marine industries that still exist there today.
- St. John Medical Center is a 193-bed hospital with Level III trauma center
- Recognized with a Beacon Award for critical care outcomes
- Over 250 active medical providers with most specialty services provided locally to more than 180,000 patients per year
- The catchment area for this community is over 100,000
- PeaceHealth is the #1 Healthiest Employer in Washington state.
Position is paid at an hourly rate of $251.11 and includes medical malpractice coverage.For more information,
reach out to Kim Dianich, Sr. Provider Recruiter - firstname.lastname@example.org
PeaceHealth's community of health care professionals in southwest Washington includes St. John Medical Center and PeaceHealth Medical Group, a group of primary care and specialty physicians with clinics in the Longview area.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility .
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.