A partner of the Optum Care network, WellMed Medical Group, is seeking an internal medicine or family medicine physician to join our Rosewood Clinic
in Austin, TX
. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm) Position Highlights:
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of heath care providers
- Our model is designed to provide the most efficient, comprehensive, and proven care techniques to treat the whole patient - physically, mentally, and socially - at each visit
- "Quality vs. Quantity Model" - Typically see 14 to 16 patients per day
- Patient panel is predominately geriatrics with Medicare Advantage coverage
- Bonus incentives are based on quality metrics
- WellMed is a Medicare Advantage Plan that operates as a health system focused on Quality/Value Based Outcomes
- Our care model limits daily volume to allow our providers the time needed to provide quality care to their patients
- We offer clinical and leadership growth and stability second to none
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- We are influencing change on a national scale while maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
- Base Salary plus Annual Quality Incentive with a target of $50,000
- Optum Care Physician Partnership Plan
- 401k with match, Executive Savings Plan, and UHG Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Comprehensive Benefits from Optum Partner Services
At WellMed our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. WellMed has more than 22,000+ primary care physicians, hospitalists, specialists, and advanced practice clinicians who excel in caring for 900,000+ older adults across Texas and Florida. Required Qualifications:
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.), or M.B.B.S.
- Board certification or eligibility in Family or Internal Medicine
- Active, unrestricted medical license in Texas
- Valid DEA license
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency
- A working understanding and support of a managed care environment
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.