Einstein Healthcare Network seeks a collaborative and resourceful Associate Program Director for a Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship at Einstein Medical Center Montgomery.
Einstein Medical Center Montgomery is the first completely new medical center to be built in the southeastern Pennsylvania region, including the city of Philadelphia, in at least a decade, opening in 2012. Einstein Medical Center Montgomeryprovides many new healthcare services and resources previously unavailable in the area including advanced medical and surgical care, diagnostic testing services, a neonatal intensive care unit, and 24-hour emergency care. Located on 87 acres along Germantown Pike in East Norriton, PA, Einstein Medical Center Montgomery brings the exceptional experience of Einstein Healthcare Network to residents of central Montgomery County. Einstein Healthcare Network promotes wellness. Einstein campuses are Tobacco and Smoke Free.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in maintenance of a Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship
- Assisting in curriculum development, oversight of education and clinical care for students, residents, and fellows
- Maintaining current knowledge of and compliance with ACGME Institutional and Program Requirements
- Participate in GME Committee, subcommittees as requested
- Serve as a consultant within the palliative care department with Inpatient, Clinic, Home, Skilled facility, Hospice and on call responsibilities.
If you possess the following qualifications, please apply immediately:
- MD or DO from an accredited program, completion of an approved residency and fellowship
- Board Certification by an appropriate medical specialty
- Current medical licensure and appropriate medical staff appointment
- Minimum of one years of active clinical practice in hospice and palliative medicine with appropriate qualifications as outlined by ACGME to be an Associate Program Director
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
For confidential consideration, please forward curriculum vitae toAngela Nicholas, MD, CMOat email@example.com or call 484-622-7009.
Covid Vaccination is a requirement for employment at Jefferson for employees working at Jefferson's clinical entities or at the University. If you are not currently vaccinated you will be required to receive the vaccination prior to hire date if you are offered employment, unless you request and receive an approved medical or religious exemption from Jefferson.
Jefferson includes Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health, a dynamic university and health system with broad reach across the Delaware Valley. Jefferson is the second largest employer in Philadelphia and the largest health system in Philadelphia based on total licensed beds.
Through the merger of Thomas Jefferson University and Philadelphia University in 2017, our University includes ten colleges and four schools. We are an NCAA Division II university and an R2 national doctoral university offering undergraduate and graduate-level programs that provide students with a forward-thinking education in architecture, business, design, engineering, fashion and textiles, health, medicine and social science.
Jefferson Health, the clinical arm of Thomas Jefferson University, has grown from a three-hospital academic health center in 2015, to an 18-hospital health system through mergers and combinations that include hospitals at Abington Health, Aria Health, Kennedy Health, Magee Rehabilitation and Einstein Healthcare Network. We have over 50 outpatient and urgent care centers; ten Magnet®-designated hospitals (recognized by the ANCC for nursing excellence); the NCI-designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center (one of only 70 in the country and one of only two in the region); and one of the largest faculty-based telehealth networks in the country. In 2021, Jefferson Health became the sole owner of HealthPartners Plan, a not-for-profit health maintenance organization in Southeastern Pennsylvania. We are the first health system regionally to create an aligned payer-provider partnership.
Jefferson's mission, vision and values create an organization that attracts the best and the brightest students, faculty, staff, and healthcare professionals, as well as the most visionary leaders to drive exceptional results.
- OUR MISSION: We improve lives.
- OUR VISION: Reimagining health, education and discovery to create unparalleled value
- OUR VALUES: Put People First, Be Bold & Think Differently and Do the Right Thing
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.