The Division of HIV Medicine is seeking a full-time outpatient physician to join a dynamic team providing primary care to people with HIV or at risk for HIV in a multi-disciplinary, academic, hospital-based clinic. Position requirements and benefits:
- Board certified or eligible MD/DO in internal medicine, medicine/pediatrics or family medicine with New York State license and valid DEA.
- Provide outpatient primary care, HIV treatment and prevention, sexual healthcare, LGBTQ+ care, and genderaffirming care to a diverse community of patients
- Provide continuity chronic care management as well as acute or urgent medical visits.
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests and coordinate work with nurses, case managers, pharmacists, and other health care providers.
- Record work-up activities, diagnostic findings, medical plans, and treatment follow-up.
- 32 Hours of clinic time per week from Mon. – Fri. from 8 a.m.–4 p.m. with one day of late clinic until 6 p.m.
- Rotating at-home phone call coverage on evenings and weekends. No weekend clinics or inpatient coverage.
- Additional clinic services available include mental health and substance use counseling, nutrition services, gynecological services, and medical case management.
- Non-clinical opportunities include ongoing professional training, multidisciplinary case reviews, quality improvement initiatives, and teaching medical students, residents or visiting physicians
- AAHIVM certification or experience providing direct care to at least 25 people with HIV within the last three years preferred, but not required.
- Highly competitive salary.
- ich benefits package including malpractice coverage, retirement plan, and loan repayment eligibility.
- Salary commensurate with level of academic appointment.
Please send cover letter and CV to:
Alexandra Abrams-Downey, MD
Chief of HIV Medicine
The Albany Med Health System is a private institution and a non-discriminatory AA/EOE (minorities and women are encouraged to apply).
The Albany Med Health System is the largest and only regionally governed not-for-profit health system serving northeastern New York and western New England. It consists of Albany Medical Center, Albany Medical College, the Bernard & Millie Duker Children’s Hospital, Columbia Memorial Health, Glens Falls Hospital, Saratoga Hospital, and the Visiting Nurses. Albany Medical Center is the region’s only academic medical center and one of upstate New York’s largest teaching hospitals. The Capital Region offers great opportunities for professionals and families.
Albany Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more about the Albany Med Health System, please visit: albanymed.org.