Job Description: Medical Oncologist - Brighton, CO Your day.
Platte Valley Medical Center is a 98 bed, Level III Trauma Center located in Brighton, Brighton is a growing community of about 38,000 people only 30 minutes from downtown Denver.
Our Cancer Center at Platte Valley Medical Center is currently looking for a full time Oncologist. There are 2 exam rooms and 12 infusion chairs. Our office is staffed with a Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant, 9 RNs (clinic and infusion), a Medical Assistant, Registered Dietician, Social Worker, a Clinical Pharmacist and Tech, Financial Advocate, and front office staff to help this practice run smoothly.
Here are some highlights you can expect from this employed solo practice:
- Clinic hours are Mon-Fri 8am - 5pm
- You'll be on call 1:8 for all locations; Good Samaritan Medical Center, Platte Valley Medical Center, Lutheran Medical Center, and Saint Joseph Hospital
- Call is typically very light
- Growth for the Oncology program in the Denver and surrounding areas will include another .5 FTE in the future for this location
- This is a fully benefited position. See the below links for benefit information.
Compensation : Our compensation plan is standard across the Denver Front Range. We offer a salary of $450,000 plus a production incentive. Call is paid out at $300/weeknight and $1,260/weekend. Additionally, we are offering a $25,000 Sign on Bonus. A relocation bonus is also available to qualified candidates. Your experience.
We hire people, not words on paper. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
Additional Information and Links
- MD or DO degree from a fully accredited medical or osteopathic school of medicine
- Unrestricted physician license in the state of CO or able to obtain
- Fellowship trained in Hematology/Oncology
- American Board certification or eligibility in the designated discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of practice experience with leadership
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family.Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage in addition to retirement savings plans and much more. Additionally, we offer our physicians:
- CME benefits of up to $5,000 annually plus 40 hours of time to take CME plus license reimbursement
- Front loaded vacation time with a total of 240 hours annually that rolls over
- An occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage. You would never have to pay tail coverage.
Platte Valley Medical Group is part of SCL Health (now Intermountain Health), a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. With locations throughout the Brighton area, we offer a wide variety of primary and specialty care services.
Platte Valley Medical Center is part of SCL Health (now Intermountain Healthcare), a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 98-bed community hospital is proud to offer comprehensive, integrated care focused on holistic health. We are proud to extend the mission of SCL Health by providing care for the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Physical Requirements:Anticipated job posting close date:
Platte Valley HospitalWork City:
ColoradoScheduled Weekly Hours:
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.
$1.00 - $1,000.00
We care about your well-being - mind, body, and spirit - which is why we provide our caregivers a generous benefits package that covers a wide range of programs to foster a sustainable culture of wellness that encompasses living healthy, happy, secure, connected, and engaged.
Learn more about our comprehensive benefits packages for our Idaho, Nevada, and Utah based caregivers , and for our Colorado, Montana, and Kansas based caregivers ; and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion .
Intermountain Health is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.