Job Description:Nephrologist (Nephrology)Intermountain HealthOgden, UT
Intermountain Health is seeking a PRN BC/BE Nephrologist to join our expanding team at Intermountain McKay Dee hospital in Ogden, Utah, the central medical campus for the northern Utah market.
Based in Utah, Intermountain Health is an integrated, not-for-profit health system viewed as a leader in transforming healthcare through high quality and sustainable costs. Intermountain Kidney Services has developed an industry-leading model for promoting kidney health by leveraging system value-based care capabilities to deliver upstream chronic kidney disease management to slow kidney failure progression. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible®
Intermountain boasts an employed medical group, affiliate networks, homecare, telehealth, health insurance plans, and other services. This combination includes more than 59,000 caregivers, 33 hospitals (including one virtual hospital), and 385 clinics across seven states and provides health insurance to one million people in Utah and Idaho. Practice Information
- PRN shifts available
- Employment is with the Intermountain Medical Group and will be based in Ogden, Utah.
- Physician will work collaboratively with Intermountain nephrologists, advanced practice providers and nurse navigators to deliver general nephrology care in outpatient clinic, hospital, dialysis, and telehealth settings.
- Primary sites include Intermountain McKay Dee and Logan regional hospitals.
- Ideal candidate will contribute to a patient-centered, value-based care delivery model and possesses exceptional interpersonal skills to foster a culture of teamwork and multi-disciplinary collaboration.
- Medical director and/or other clinical leadership experience desirable.
- Teaching/learning mindset and home dialysis interest is a plus.
- Participation in weekly interdisciplinary care meetings and educational conferences is supported.
- Board Certified/ Board Eligible in Nephrology
- Unrestricted Utah MD or DO license or the ability to obtain an unrestricted license
- U.S. ACGME Residency
- B asic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare providers
- Generous salary
- A 501c3 company
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
The Ogden area has a population of 547,000. It is a great place to live if you like easy access to outdoor activities. Ogden is located at the base of the Wasatch Mountains and is within a day's drive of five national parks, and just a 40-minute drive to Salt Lake International Airport. Ogden is the town that Rock and Ice Magazine listed in itsTop 10 Climbing Towns; the place where Men's Journal said you can "Do it All, Whatever the Season".Outside Magazinecalled Ogden "unpretentious and adrenalized", when it listed Ogden in the top three towns ofWhere to Live Now: The 20 Best Towns in America. Ogden boasts with its breathtaking mountain views and access to skiing/snowboarding (9 resorts within 60-75 min drive, including Snowbasin - site of the 2002 Olympic Downhill - in our backyard!), mountain biking, hiking, fishing, kayaking, and rock climbing within minutes of leaving the hospital. There are outdoor activities for all ages, affordable real estate, and our family-oriented community supports diverse interests for all cultures.Physical Requirements:Anticipated job posting close date:
McKay-Dee HospitalWork City:
UtahScheduled Weekly Hours:
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.
$7.25 - $999.99
We care about your well-being - mind, body, and spirit - which is why we provide our caregivers a generous benefits package that covers a wide range of programs to foster a sustainable culture of wellness that encompasses living healthy, happy, secure, connected, and engaged.
Learn more about our comprehensive benefits packages for our Idaho, Nevada, and Utah based caregivers , and for our Colorado, Montana, and Kansas based caregivers ; and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion .
Intermountain Health is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.