JOIN OUR FAMILY MEDICINE TEAM AT PHELPS HOSPITAL AND OPEN DOOR FAMILY MEDICAL CENTER
The Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell at Phelps Family Medicine Residency Program is an exceptional partnership of Northwell Health, Phelps Memorial Hospital Center, and Open Door Family Medical Centers. Accredited by the ACGME, this program is an innovative, forward-thinking, 3-year residency in family medicine with 8 residents per year. Now 10 years in existence, we are an established program with an excellent track record for graduating comprehensive, autonomous family medicine physicians prepared to work in a variety of settings. For additional information, please visit: http://northwell.edu/phelpsfamilymedicine.
Open Door Family Medical Centers has been serving low-income, marginalized communities and those lacking access to health care in the communities of Westchester and Putnam counties for more than 40 years. Open Door provides high quality primary health care and human services at affordable prices. Open Door’s nationally renowned Community Health Center sites, mobile dentistry units, school-based health programs, and its family medicine and dental residency training programs deliver exceptional value to both patients and the communities it serves. Open Door is a Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home and Federally Qualified Health Center dedicated to creating healthier communities by partnering with patients to enhance personal health.
Open Door believes that healthcare is a right, not a privilege, with primary care to be affordable and delivered cost-effectively. For additional information, please, visit: www.opendoormedical.org.
Together, we are seeking a Family Medicine Residency Faculty Physician to join the team in Sleepy Hollow, NY.
- Teach and supervise residents, medical students, and other staff
- Perform the role of a learning advisor and mentor
- Provide direct patient care in an exemplary fashion
- Participate in faculty development
- Design and implement curriculum, including didactic lectures
- Provide evaluation and feedback to residents, students, peers, staff, and the program
- Participate in residency conferences
- Share on-call responsibilities at Open Door
- Serve on residency, hospital, and Open Door committees
- Supervise resident scholarly activity and research
- Participate in interviewing, selecting, and ranking of prospective faculty and resident
- Board certified in Family Medicine
- Completion of ACGME accredited family medicine residency program
- Prior teaching experience
- 2+ Years of comprehensive family medicine clinical experience preferred
- Outstanding in providing effective feedback
- Excellent active listening skills
- Flexible and able to prioritize and manage time well
- Proven leadership of clinical and administrative teams
- Stimulating, diverse and team-based work environment
- Medical, dental, and life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- 403(b) and 401(k)
- Generous paid time off
- CME and educational assistance
- Competitive salary and annual bonus potential
If you would like to make a difference in the lives of resident physicians, and thereby the lives of thousands of patients, and if the position speaks to your capabilities, experience, and commitment to improve health, please submit your resume and cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or e-mail.
Phelps and Open Door are Equal Opportunity Employers. We continually recruit a diverse physician workforce to meet the needs of the diverse patients we seek to serve; as a result, our Health System is proudly ranked Diversity Inc’s #1 Hospital and Health System. We fully understand that diversity is integral for our institutional excellence and a means to attaining health equity. As a result, our diversity and inclusion efforts are a part of everything we do, from education to clinical care, to research, to physician well-being. For more information and resources regarding our initiatives, please visit our Center for Equity of Care.
For additional information and to apply, please contact Nicholas Franzini, Physician Recruitment at: firstname.lastname@example.org.