Family Medicine Physician
Our approach to care uses the primary care provider's office as the center of a patient's care. Our providers work as a team, coordinating with specialists, nutritionists, social workers, behavioral health professionals, pharmacist clinicians, and many others. The full care team includes nurses, medical assistants, and ancillary staff that work with you to ensure you are able to practice at "Peak Of License".
Optum is a family of more than 53,000 doctors and 1,450 neighborhood clinics across the country. We work together to help over 19 million people live healthier lives - in-person or virtually. Our goal as an organization is to transform healthcare nationally, while providing Physician-led care locally. Our distinctive culture and set of capabilities enable independent physicians to succeed in value-based models of care and fulfill the Quadruple Aim of high-quality, high-value services, and outstanding patient and provider experience. To learn more about our growing presence: Click Here
- Dragon and AI charting available
- Practice Manager on-site
- Dedicated support, so clinicians can focus on practicing at "Peak of License"
- Each clinician has a dedicated MA
- Possibility of 4-day work week;
- 36 or 32 Patient Contact Hours / 4 Admin Hours
- 2000 Average Patient Panel per Physician
- Full spectrum of primary care procedures
- Weekday Call: Average once a month/starting at 5pm
- Weekend Call: Average 1 to 2 per year
- Average/Goal of 18 - 20 patients per day
- The culture is one of cohesion and clinic transformation
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community or our local organizations
As an employer of choice, we offer a full comprehensive range of benefits and attractive compensation package:
- Guaranteed base salary for two years and $50k sign on bonus
- Outstanding relocation package
- Quality and productivity bonuses available
- Competitive sign-on bonus
- Med/Den/Vis, STD, LTD, 401k with match
- Professional liability at no cost to clinician
- PTO accrual model with the ability to borrow future PTO
- CME Reimbursement & Time Off
- Stock Purchase Option/Executive Savings Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Bright Horizons Back-Up Care™: In-home back-up child and adult/elder care
- Bright Horizons College Coach™: Tuition Payment Planning & More
- Stride Well-being Programs to help with health and lifestyle goals
- Physician Partnership Program
- As a Family Medicine Physician, you will provide full scope family medicine care services
- Examine diagnose and treat patients for acute and chronic conditions or concerns injuries, infections, and illnesses
- Counsel and educate patients and families about acute and chronic conditions or concerns
- Complete timely and thorough documentation using our EMR system
- Formulate diagnostic and treatment plans
- Prescribe and administer medications, therapies, and procedures
- Order lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provide advice on follow up
- Responsible for the coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services
- Completes all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner
- Maintain quality of care standards as defined by the practice
- Supervise Physician Assistants / Nurse Practitioners as needed
- M.D. or D.O.
- Must have completed an accredited residency in Family Medicine
- Must be board certified in FM or Board Eligible for Medical Residents
- Active Colorado Medical License or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Active DEA or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Experience in providing patient care under a population health model
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Apply for Family Medicine Physician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.