Director of Primary Care Service
Employed by PAGNY for NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County, Kings County Hospital operates a world-renowned Level 1 Trauma Center, one of only three in Brooklyn, which serves 2.6 million residents of Brooklyn and Staten Island. The hospital is academically affiliated with SUNY Downstate Medical Center and trains their medical students and OBGYN residents.
Kings County is located in the East Flatbush/Prospect-Lefferts section of Brooklyn, close to the 2 and 5 subways. Our patients are diverse, with the majority being Afro-Caribbean. Most of our patients are native English speakers. Knowledge of French/Haitian Creole is helpful, but not required.
- To serve as a Director of Service for a culturally diverse population
- Plans, organizes and directs the operation of the medical program for out-patient in the field of Adult medicine, including the performance of all diagnostic and therapeutic treatment procedures.
- Plans, directs and participate in training and educational programs in the field of specialization for physicians, students, technical and auxiliary personnel.
- Integrates and coordinates the service with total hospital program-patient care, research, education and community preventative health programs.
- Conducts clinical conferences and staff meetings.
- To order or perform appropriate therapeutic treatment and diagnostic tests ensuring closed loop communication of abnormal findings with patients.
- To work with an interdisciplinary care team of RNs, PCAs and Clerks to plan and anticipate patient needs to facilitate high quality, safe and efficient patient care.
- To utilize a team of sub-specialtyconsultants, behavioral health specialists, diabetes care managers, social workers and others to assess and address social determinants of health and psychosocial needs.
- To participate in daily operational and patient centered medical home huddles, prioritizing starting the practice on time.
- To focus on chronic disease outcomes improvement using population health management and team-based care.
- To identify and refer patients to the Collaborative Care Model for Depression, DM Education Classes, DM Care Management and the Treat to Target Program for Hypertension to care for patients with these illnesses
- To assist with, facilitate, and perform work pertaining to continuous quality improvement
- To provide complete documentation in the computerized medical record
- To supervise and evaluate nurse practitioner students with respect to the practice of adult primary care as outlined above
- To provide on-call services by phone based on scheduled rotation
- To conduct clinic business and patient care responsibilities in accordance with the policies and procedures of Kings County Hospital
- To adhere to performance improvement standards and clinical guidelines of the ambulatory care practice
- To attend/ host the weekly Primary Care Grand Rounds / Adult Primary Care Meeting
- Current licensed NYS registration certificate
- Board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Graduate of an approved medical school
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire
Exceptional Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service, with 3% company contribution starting day one
- Choice of a three tiered, starting at FREE medical plans starting day one
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage starting day one
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Occurrence-based Medical Malpractice policy coverage
- Salary Amount or Range
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Director of Primary Care Service
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.