We have an exciting opportunity for a per diem, experienced Board Certified neonatologist to join our NICU team of four neonatologists and three neonatal nurse practitioners at Charleston Area Medical Center (CAMC) Women and Children’s Hospital in beautiful Charleston, West Virginia. CAMC Women and Children’s Hospital, located on the banks of the Elk River, is the premier children’s hospital in West Virginia’s capital city. This position offers the opportunity to be a Clinical Associate Professor with WVU School of Medicine’s Charleston Division.
- Level-IV, 30-bed NICU
- 3000 births, 1,226 NBN admits, 472 NICU admits, ADC of 24 in the NICU
- Neonatologists provide 24/7 in-house coverage with support from NNPs primarily in the newborn nursery (NNPs cover 12-hour shifts)
- Attendance at deliveries (459 last year)
- The unit is a teaching site for medical students and residents from WVU School of Medicine and West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine in Lewisburg, WV
- Consultative services are provided by pediatric sub-specialists representing more than 30 specialties, including pulmonary medicine, surgery, neurology, nephrology, infectious disease, hematology-oncology, gastroenterology, endocrinology and cardiology
- Ability to cover exclusively at nearby Level-II NICU in Thomas Memorial Hospital
- Candidates must have 3 or more years of experience in a busy Level-III/IV NICU
- Board Certification in Neonatology with recent experience mentioned above required
- WV or IMLC license required
Pediatrix® Medical Group, Inc. (Pediatrix) is the nation’s leading provider of physician services. Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians are committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services to women, babies and children across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties include obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine and neonatology complemented by more than 20 pediatric subspecialties, as well as pediatric primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by significant investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives. The physician-led company was founded in 1979 as a single neonatology practice and today provides its highly specialized and often critical care services through more than 5,000 affiliated physicians and other clinicians in 37 states.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers .
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Neonatologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.