Pediatric Hospitalist - Practice Medical Director
Pediatric Hospitalist Medical Director opportunity with a well established practic in Idaho Falls
We are seeking a medical director of our pediatric hospitalist program in a community hospital setting in southeast ID. Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center is a regional medical center which draws patients from eastern Idaho, western Wyoming, and southern Montana.
The role of a pediatric hospitalist at Portneuf Medical Center includes:
- Caring for medical patients in the Pediatric Unit.
- Consulting pediatric patients in the emergency department and surgical patients.
- 7 on 7 off schedule
- Consulting on patients in the emergency department
- Round in hospital, with call from home
- Sister program 30-minutes away at Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center for collaboration and consultation
- Opportunity for faculty appointment with Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine
About Portneuf Medical Center and the community:
- 205-bed hospital
- Level II Trauma center
- Regional referral center
- 2-Bed Pediatric ICU
- 6-bed Pediatric unit
- 16-bed Level III Neonatal ICU
- 1,200 deliveries per year
- 14 mom-baby couplet care beds
Living in Pocatello, Idaho offers a unique blend of natural beauty and small-town charm. Nestled amidst stunning mountains and vast landscapes, residents enjoy outdoor activities like hiking and skiing. The community fosters a strong sense of belonging, with friendly neighbors and a tight-knit atmosphere. Pocatello truly embodies the idyllic Idahoan lifestyle.
BC in Pediatrics
Benefits and Compensation
The compensation and benefits referenced is for illustrative purposes only, and will be discussed during and after the interview process.
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance & Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term disability options
- Advanced and continuing education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Professional liability insurance**
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
- Employee stock purchase program - 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this benefit
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees age 21 and over
Pediatrix® Medical Group, Inc. (Pediatrix) is the nation’s leading provider of physician services. Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians are committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services to women, babies and children across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties include obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine and neonatology complemented by more than 20 pediatric subspecialties, as well as pediatric primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by significant investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives. The physician-led company was founded in 1979 as a single neonatology practice and today provides its highly specialized and often critical care services through more than 5,000 affiliated physicians and other clinicians in 37 states.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers .
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Pediatric Hospitalist - Practice Medical Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.