Neonatologist in Upstate New York
Wineries and Waterfalls in the Finger Lakes Region
Pediatrix Medical Group is seeking a BC/BE Neonatologist to join our team at Arnot Ogden Medical Center (AOMC) in scenic Elmira, New York. Ideal candidates will be strong clinicians who work well in teams, adhere to evidence-based clinical guidelines, and provide high quality care. Block scheduling is used, and physicians can live outside the area if needed.
**Sign-on Bonus and Relocation Assistance options available!
Below are highlights of this opportunity:
- As the only regional perinatal center in the market, AOMC offers comprehensive women's health services including MFM services and a Level III NICU
- Services include conventional ventilation and HFOV. Excellent nursing support, along with a range of pediatric sub-specialty support, are available to our physicians for consults and in-house services.
- 20-bed, Level-III NICU, averaging 1,500 deliveries/year with almost 300 NICU admissions and a daily census between 13-15.
- Approximately 15-20 percent of our admissions are transports from referring hospitals that serve surrounding counties.
- Conveniently situated about 20 minutes from the desirable suburb of Corning and 45 minutes from Cornell University
About the Hospital
Arnot Ogden Medical Center is a 266-bed tertiary medical center and the flagship hospital of Arnot Health, a regional non-profit health system formed in 2011 from the merger of AOMC and St. Joseph’s Hospital. The health system serves the region through three hospitals plus other long-term care centers, rehabilitation facilities and local physician offices.
About the Area:
Elmira, NY, is a hidden gem where history, natural beauty, and small-town charm with community spirit blend seamlessly. Nestled in the picturesque Finger Lakes region of New York State, Elmira offers a captivating blend of cultural heritage, stunning landscapes, delightful eateries, and a vibrant art scene. The area is located at the southern end of the Finger Lakes Region, an area renowned for its beauty and wines. Respected Cornell University is easily accessible, and the adjacent community of Corning offers sought-after residential living. Residents enjoy access to horseback riding and hiking trails, downtown river views at Mark Twain Riverfront Park, paddleboat and carousel rides on Eldridge Lake, and tons more outdoor fun. Within close proximity, lies the acclaimed city of Ithaca, renowned for its status as one of the nation’s most captivating culinary destinations, where there is a multitude of exquisite dining experiences for food lovers, alongside 100 cascading waterfalls within a ten-mile radius. As winter descends upon the region, the upstate NY landscape transforms into a captivating wonderland, offering exhilarating experiences such as skiing, ice skating, snowmobiling, and ice fishing.
- B C/BE Neonatologist
- New grads welcome to apply.
Benefits and Compensation
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
Compensation Range : $250,000 to $325,000 based on years of experience.
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance & Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term disability options
- Advanced and continuing education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Professional liability insurance**
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
- Employee stock purchase program - 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this benefit
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees age 21 and over
Pediatrix® Medical Group, Inc. (Pediatrix) is the nation’s leading provider of physician services. Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians are committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services to women, babies and children across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties include obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine and neonatology complemented by more than 20 pediatric subspecialties, as well as pediatric primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by significant investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives. The physician-led company was founded in 1979 as a single neonatology practice and today provides its highly specialized and often critical care services through more than 5,000 affiliated physicians and other clinicians in 37 states.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers .
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Neonatologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.