Cardiologist - Optum Tri-State - Southern New Jersey
At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally; and provide robust outpatient, non-invasive Cardiac care services throughout Ocean, Burlington, and Camden counties - with plans for continued future growth in this dynamic and ever-evolving specialty.
With full-time and/or part-time opportunities available at various sites, please apply within to be connected with one of our recruiters to learn why working with the largest care delivery organization in the world will support in providing your life's best work. (sm)
- Physician-led, patient centered team-based environment.
- Collegial multispecialty group practice with a large referral base and a focus on provider wellness and team-based care.
- Offices offer a broad array of cardiovascular services: exercise stress testing, non-invasive imaging, echocardiogram and vascular studies, nuclear stress testing, pacemakers, and defibrillators.
- Robust in-house diagnostic testing facility
- Full complement of excellent support staff (Advanced Practice Clinician, Medical Assistants and Administrative teams) and dedicated practice management systems in place that enable you to practice at the peak of your licensure and assist within patient care.
- Flexible Monday - Friday schedule options, normal business hours, typically requires combination of outpatient care services in one of our state-of-the-art specialty hubs and inpatient hospital rounding (i.e., usually at least 3 days per week), and 1-2 full days in one of our ambulatory surgery centers and/or local hospital OR (if applicable).
- No weekend shifts required but generally require shared/rotating on-call support (i.e., 1 full week of on-call every 5-7 weeks from 6pm - 7am; anticipate 2-3 calls per on-call shift, majority is phone-only but could rarely be called to hospital for emergent need/consultation).
- EPIC EMR system.
- Supported to grow your practice and patient panel.
- Patient care including Inpatient/Outpatient Hospital Rounds as well as Cardiology in office/clinic.
- Noninvasive cardiac testing such as echocardiography including TEE, vascular studies interpretation, and cardiac stress testing.
- ECG and ambulatory ECG interpretation and reporting.
- Hospital privileges expected at local institutions.
- Commitment to community outreach and patient education activities as needed.
- Weekend call as scheduled - 1:4. Evening weekend call consults as needed.
- Serve as collaborating physician to assigned Advanced Practice Clinician(s).
What makes an Optum organization different?
- Value-Based care model; Evidence-Based medicine.
- Quadruple Aim: Improving Patient Satisfaction; Lowering Costs; Delivery High-Quality Outcomes; Increasing Provider Satisfaction and Well-Being.
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license.
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it well, you can't do it alone - this is the foundation of the team-based care model.
- A culture of Innovation, Collaboration, Transformation, and Growth.
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations; putting people first and working together with "Optum-ism" striving to improve everyday with an open mind and an open heart.
- Guaranteed, competitive compensation model based on quality, not quantity, with significant earnings potential, annual increases, and bonus eligibility.
- Financial stability and support of a Fortune 5 Company - United Health Group
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Vision coverage.
- Excellent PTO package (increasing with tenure) & Paid maternity/paternity leave.
- Robust retirement options including employer funded contributions.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP for UGH stock).
- Physician partnership opportunities with Optum.
- Company paid malpractice insurance and tail coverage.
- Consistent Career Growth, Professional Development, and Supportive Culture.
- Supportive and appreciative culture.
Optum's Tri-State regional care team, including legacy Riverside Medical Group, CareMount and ProHealth Physicians, provides services across the care continuum - from preventive medicine to diagnostics to treatment and beyond. As a truly integrated health system, our physicians and advanced practice clinicians are part of a much larger care team in primary care, urgent care and more than 40 specialties, as well as ambulatory surgery, imaging and more. As a Patient Centered Medical Home, Optum Tri-State is able to provide patient-focused medical care to the entire family. Part of a tri-state regional care team of over 2,100 providers who serve more than 1.6 million patients, our doctors and clinicians have access to the latest medical information and technology, which lets them spend more time with patients, provide better care and realize better outcomes.
As a National Committee for Quality Assurance "Level III- Patient Centered Medical Home," Optum Tri-State is able to provide patient-focused precision medical care to the entire family and is committed to providing patients with the highest quality medical care.
In addition to providing the highest quality of care, Optum Tri-State offers its patients the best hours of operation of any private practice in the country. Patients have around-the-clock access to a health-care team and have the benefit of same day and walk in appointments. As an advocate for prenatal health and education, Optum Tri-State offers prenatal classes every weekend free of charge. Optum Tri-State believes in giving back to their community and the patients they serve through health fairs, charitable giving/foundation, and free medical education.
Learn more about our journey at www.workatoptum.com.
- Fellowship training in Cardiovascular Disease.
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility in Cardiovascular Disease.
- Unrestricted medical licensure in the state of New Jersey (or has New Jersey license application submitted and in-process
- Active and unrestricted CDS permit (or ability to obtain prior to start).
- Active and unrestricted DEA License (or ability to obtain prior to start).
- Must be CPR certified (or willing to obtain prior to start).
Would you thrive with Optum?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- ]Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
The salary range for New Jersey state residents is $423,410 to $644,400. Salary Range is defined as total cash compensation at target. The actual range and pay mix of base and bonus is variable based upon experience and metric achievement. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Apply for Cardiologist - Optum Tri-State - Southern New Jersey
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.