Physician - Gastroenterology
CareMount Medical is a physician-led multispecialty group that was started in 1946 by a group of physicians who wanted high-quality medicine closer to home. Today we have over 45 office locations from Manhattan, NY to below the Albany, NY region along the Hudson River Valley line. Our 650 employed physicians and providers care for over 665,000 patients across the region.
- Consult with patients to understand their health concerns and perform specialized tests to diagnose and treat patients
- Perform endoscopic and colonoscopy procedures
- Examines patients in clinic, hospital rounds and performs surgical procedures as needed
- Consult with patient's primary care physician and other specialists
- Independent practice with solid affiliation with local tertiary care hospital that provides a full range of gastroenterology medicine
- Full complement of support teams to assist with patient care
- Robust in-house diagnostic testing facility
What makes an Optum organization different?
- Clinicians are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- Clinician-centric and clinician focused, with shared EMR across businesses to support coordinated care
- The culture is one of clinical innovation and transformation
- Affiliations with prestigious organizations
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
- Competitive compensation model with built in guarantees during first 1-2 years, quality incentives and growth earning potential
- Financial stability and support of a Fortune 5 Company
- Robust retirement offerings including employer funded contributions and Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP for UHG Stock)
- Physician Partnership opportunities and incentives
- Comprehensive benefits plan inclusive of medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, CME and malpractice coverage
- Robust clinician learning and development programs
The Optum Story in the Tri-State Region:
Optum Tri-State was formed in 2022 by bringing together Riverside Medical Group, CareMount Medical and ProHealth Care. The regional alignment combines resources and services across the care continuum - from preventative medicine to diagnostics to treatment and beyond - and features 70 specialties, working in 360 medical practices and more than 55 urgent care locations across New York, New Jersey, and Southern Connecticut. As a Patient Centered Medical Home, Optum Tri-State can provide patient-focused medical care to the entire family. This dynamic position would afford you the opportunity to join a regional, inter-disciplinary care team of over 2,100 providers who serve nearly 2 million patients. Our doctors and clinicians have access to the latest medical information and technology, which lets them spend more time with patients, provide better care and realize better outcomes. With Optum, we've found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organizations are some of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at http://www.workatoptum.com/provider
- Fellowship trained and Board Certification or Board Eligibility in Gastroenterology
- Unrestricted licensure in the state of New York or has New York application in process
- Active and unrestricted DEA License or ability to obtain prior to start
- ERCP/Advanced Endoscopic Training
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Apply for Physician - Gastroenterology
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.