Leadership Opportunity: Director, Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit
Director, Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit
The Medicus Firm Executive Search is proud to assist the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC) Department of Neurology with their national search for a Neurologist board-certified in Neurocritical Care who can also serve as the Director of the Neuroscience ICU. The NSICU Director will play a critical role in developing clinical processes and workflows to optimize operations and ensure high-quality patient care and efficient clinical practice.
The NSICU Director will be responsible for providing overall vision and direction for all aspects of the NSICU. They will ensure that the ICU provides the highest quality of care in a safe, timely, and patient-centered manner. They will develop and expand continuous performance improvement through the setting of priorities, allocation of resources, oversight of policies and procedures, and the setting and execution of strategic plans across the continuum of patient care.
The NSICU Director will provide executive leadership and direction ensuring that the NSICU meets accreditation and regulatory standards and reporting requirements. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Working collaboratively with leadership inside and outside of the department and medical center to create an infrastructure of high-quality clinical care. Serving as the liaison to hospital leadership and attending/participating in all meetings and initiatives needed for process advancement.
- Cultivating and maintaining professional relationships with clinical leadership, advanced practice providers (APPs), patients, and external entities.
- Maintaining a high-quality academic environment and providing support for faculty professional development. Participating in annual performance evaluations of faculty and APPs.
- Overseeing recruitment, engagement, and retention of NSICU faculty and APPs. Recruiting and mentoring those of character into a culture of respect, kindness, and professionalism, where teamwork, innovation, and work satisfaction thrive. Creating an environment that fosters high-quality patient care and safety.
- Overseeing NSICU faculty and APP coverage schedule.
- Working in collaboration with the Chair of Neurology and the department business administrator on unit finances to include charges/revenue and faculty production.
The Director of the NSICU must hold a MD, MD/PhD, DO or equivalent medical degree and be board-certified in Neurocritical Care. The candidate must have demonstrated expertise appropriate for appointment as an Associate Professor or Professor at the University of Mississippi School of Medicine. The candidate must have at least five years of administrative and leadership experience, preferably in an academic institution, and be eligible for licensure in Mississippi.
Reference: NEUR CC 23470