Pediatric, Hematology / Oncology
- Riley Children's is nationally ranked in 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties, with two programs in the top 10
- Excellent culture with supportive leadership/mentors who value professional development, collegiality, interdepartmental teamwork and a strong work/life balance
- Faculty appointment with IUSM; medical education opportunities with students, residents and fellows; Interest in clinical research is preferred, but not required
- Comprehensive benefits through IUSM including group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), several retirement options including 401k with company match, vacation/CME/holidays, relocation assistance and occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage starting the first day of employment. Call or text for compensation information and additional benefits.
- Eligible candidates may receive fellowship stipends
- Sponsorship for 2025 J1 waiver and H1b visa's may be available
See how you can thrive, right here at Indiana University Health
- Completion of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Fellowship through accredited ABMS program
- BC in Pediatrics and BC/BE in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- Physician MD/DO licensed in Indiana or eligible for medical licensure
The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders at Riley Children's is a Children's Oncology Group Phase I Consortium member affiliated with the IUSM Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center, the states only NCI designated Cancer Center for clinical care. We are the only nationally ranked oncology and hematology program in the state of Indiana, home to the only pediatric stem cell transplant program, and the only site offering pediatric CAR T-Cell therapy within the state.
With comprehensive interdisciplinary disease-focused teams, doctors and staff treat more than 80 percent of children and adolescents diagnosed with cancer and see more than 300 new oncology patients throughout Indiana and surrounding states each year. More than 13,000 outpatient visits per year focus on leukemias, solid tumors, brain tumors, hematopoietic/stem cell transplant, general hematology, hemoglobinopathies such as sickle cell disease and thalassemias, bone marrow failure syndromes, hemophilia and other coagulation disorders.
Learn more about our patient services and culture
Pediatric Cancer & Blood Disorders | Riley Children's Health (rileychildrens.org)
Pediatric Hematology, Oncology and Stem Cell Transplant | IU School of Medicine
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities, paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, concerts and memorials
- Named to U.S. News & World Report's 2023-2024 list of the best places to live in the United States
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" eleven consecutive years
- Ranked by Niche in 2023 as one of the most diverse counties in America, as well as one of the best cities to live in and buy a house in the country
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
For more than 95 years, Riley Hospital for Children has been one of the nation's leading children's hospitals. Each year, Riley Hospital provides compassionate care, support and comfort to more than 300,000 inpatients and outpatients from across Indiana, the nation and the world. Physicians at Riley Hospital provide comprehensive care, from the routine to the most complex, in every field of pediatric medicine and surgery.
Riley Hospital is nationally ranked as a top children's hospital by U.S. News & World Report,with national rankings in all ten pediatric specialties (including two specialties in the top ten), and is the only nationally ranked children's hospital in Indiana. Part of Indiana University Health, Riley Hospital enjoys a unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine, giving our highly skilled physicians access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
In addition, Riley Hospital is ranked seventh in the nation for NIH Research funding, totaling more than $38 million in 2022. The Children's Clinical Research Center, located at Riley Hospital, is one of the largest pediatric research facilities in the country. Riley Hospital also offers one of the nation's largest outpatient care facilities for children.
At Riley Hospital for Children, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Apply for Pediatric, Hematology / Oncology
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.