Employed by PAGNY for NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi, located in the Bronx, accommodates more than 325,000 outpatient visits, more than 100,000 emergency room visits and more than 20,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital is renowned for The Trauma Center, staffed to treat any traumatic injury or illness, the fully accredited Breast Health Center, and The Burn Center, with more than 40 years of work in burn care. The hospital also serves patients of many other needs. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Albert Einstein Medical College.
Under the guidance and/or supervision of a senior or supervisor, the staff occupational therapist is responsible for administering occupational therapy techniques to persons with physical disabilities, and training occupational therapy Fieldwork I (clerkship) students and occupational therapy Fieldwork II (internship) students. Schedule is Tuesday-Saturday.
- To be totally responsible for a full caseload of patients including interpreting every medical referral; scheduling and evaluating all patients assigned; planning and implementing effective treatment programs; and providing family training when necessary.
- To attend and report at meetings and conferences pertinent to the service on which he/she is assigned, making recommendations to physicians where appropriate.
- To be responsible for writing initial evaluation, re-evaluation, progress, and discharge notes on each assigned patient.
- To keep an accurate count of daily statistics, completing applicable statistical forms as required by the facility and the Occupational Therapy department.
- To keep abreast of current occupational therapy theory, procedures, media and literature, attending appropriate workshops to maintain and increase age appropriate occupational therapy skills.
- To be responsible for training occupational therapy Fieldwork I (clerkship) students, under the supervision of the Director.
- To participate in the organization and delivery of lectures to physicians, students and other allied health professionals as requested.
- To communicate regularly with the physiatrists, other physicians and health professionals regarding the function of occupational therapy.
- To be responsible for requesting the Director of Occupational Therapy, supervisor or senior therapist to order needed supplies and/or equipment for better patient care.
- To directly supervise occupational therapy students on Fieldwork II experience (internship), under the supervision of the Director of Occupational Therapy, after one year's experience.
- To be responsible for supervising volunteers assigned to Occupational Therapy when requested.
- To suggest procedural changes for better function of Occupational Therapy.
- To go on occasional shopping trips to purchase or price department supplies.
- To participate in routine clean-up and organization of supplies and equipment in the treatment areas and storeroom.
- To participate in Continuous Performance Improvement activities in Occupational Therapy as requested.
- To perform other related duties as assigned.
- A degree in Occupational Therapy and initial certification as an Occupational Therapist or eligibility for certification.
- New York State license in Occupational Therapy from the New York State Education Department.
Execptional Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service, with 3% company contribution starting day one
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plans starting day one
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage starting day one
- Generous paid time off program
- Salary: $80,912.00
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Occupational Therapist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.