Physician/Faculty - Thomas Jefferson University, Sidney Kimmel Medical College - Department of Medic
One of the responsibilities of the role will be to significantly contribute to the growth of the BMT research program at Jefferson and SKCC. Ideally, the successful candidate will bring a national reputation/presence that will also fuel the growth of the program. Additionally, by working closely with SKCC leadership, the successful candidate will be involved in designing an academic programs consistent and aligned with the requirements for NCI cancer center designation, identifying new growth opportunities, and assuring the maintenance and continuous assessment of consistently high-quality performance of care to enhance referral relationships and support cross disciplinary academic programs.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a BMT or Myeloma physician to be part of a program poised for transformational growth at a widely recognized Cancer Center. The successful candidate will enjoy strong and dedicated support and commitment by the SKCC Director and Deputy Director.
- With the BMT Director, develop and implement the BMT or Myeloma strategic research plan which will integrate with that of the Department Medical Oncology.
- With the BMT Director, monitor faculty academic productivity with respect to research, publications, peer reviewed extramural funding, and active participation in enrolling patients to clinical trials.
- Serve as mentor to junior faculty and researchers of all stages of clinical research in the BMT/Myeloma program when appropriate.
- Participate in SKCC, the Department of Medical Oncology and BMT/Myeloma research and clinical activities, residency and fellowship training, and participate in tumor boards.
- Partner with Solid Tumor faculty and others in the comprehensive care of BMT/Meloma patients
- MD or equivalent degree from an accredited professional school
- Currently a Associate Professor (eligible for promotion to Professor) or Professor at a BMT or Myeloma Program at a system of comparable size
- Board certified in Medical Oncology, and/or Hematology and hold a current license to practice medicine
- Record of excellence in patient care
- Strong research background
- Strong communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, sustainable partnering relationships
- Demonstrated experience working with and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member
- Physician investigator with research training beyond MD degree such as PhD or research fellowship
- Demonstrated leadership in division, program or institute of an NCI designated cancer center with a proven track record of success in the role
- Five or more years of administrative experience leading a complex clinical program/department, cancer center/institute
- Proven track record in managing clinical trials
- Proven track record of peer reviewed extramural funding
Covid Vaccination is a requirement for employment at Jefferson for employees working at Jefferson's clinical entities or at the University. If you are not currently vaccinated you will be required to receive the vaccination prior to hire date if you are offered employment, unless you request and receive an approved medical or religious exemption from Jefferson.
Jefferson includes Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health, a dynamic university and health system with broad reach across the Delaware Valley. Jefferson is the second largest employer in Philadelphia and the largest health system in Philadelphia based on total licensed beds.
Through the merger of Thomas Jefferson University and Philadelphia University in 2017, our University includes ten colleges and four schools. We are an NCAA Division II university and an R2 national doctoral university offering undergraduate and graduate-level programs that provide students with a forward-thinking education in architecture, business, design, engineering, fashion and textiles, health, medicine and social science.
Jefferson Health, the clinical arm of Thomas Jefferson University, has grown from a three-hospital academic health center in 2015, to an 18-hospital health system through mergers and combinations that include hospitals at Abington Health, Aria Health, Kennedy Health, Magee Rehabilitation and Einstein Healthcare Network. We have over 50 outpatient and urgent care centers; ten Magnet®-designated hospitals (recognized by the ANCC for nursing excellence); the NCI-designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center (one of only 70 in the country and one of only two in the region); and one of the largest faculty-based telehealth networks in the country. In 2021, Jefferson Health became the sole owner of HealthPartners Plan, a not-for-profit health maintenance organization in Southeastern Pennsylvania. We are the first health system regionally to create an aligned payer-provider partnership.
Jefferson's mission, vision and values create an organization that attracts the best and the brightest students, faculty, staff, and healthcare professionals, as well as the most visionary leaders to drive exceptional results.
- OUR MISSION: We improve lives.
- OUR VISION: Reimagining health, education and discovery to create unparalleled value
- OUR VALUES: Put People First, Be Bold & Think Differently and Do the Right Thing
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Apply for Physician/Faculty - Thomas Jefferson University, Sidney Kimmel Medical College - Department of Medic
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.