We are Growing, Come Join Us!
Exceptional Opportunity for an experienced Pediatric Hospitalist in the Houston Bay Area!
Pediatrix & Obstetrix Specialist of Houston are hiring 2 full-time pediatric hospitalists in partnership with HCA Houston Healthcare - Clear Lake. HCA Clear Lake is a leading pediatric provider in the Houston Bay Area. The hospital boasts a dedicated Pediatric Emergency Center, a 10 bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care, and a growing Well Newborn Service.
- The pediatric floor consists of 13 pediatric beds
- The hospital has a number of pediatric sub-specialists providing a wide-range of services
- The hospital has a dedicated pediatric PICC line team and anesthesia-lead sedated imaging
- The average newborn census is 15-18 newborns/day
- No circumcisions
- 14-15 days/month; ~70hrs/week; 7a-5p, days only. Nighttime coverage provided by PICU providers
- Daily responsibilities will include rounding on Pediatric Unit as well as supervising/ staffing Pediatric Nurse Practitioner team rounding in Well Newborn Nursery
- Occasionally, Pediatric Hospitalist will need to complete a newborn assessment when requested by Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- In partnership with The University of Houston College of Medicine, the pediatric hospitalist will be designation as volunteer faculty and be responsible for medical student supervision on the pediatric unit. Complete details upon interview.
About the Area
Proclaimed as the nation’s fourth-largest city, Houston is a vibrant metropolis and home to the world-famous Texas Medical Center. When it comes to entertainment and recreation, Houston has much to offer, to include professional sports teams, a theater district and a museum district, hundreds of clubs and live music venues. The largest mall in Texas, The Galleria, is a shopper’s paradise. Houston’s sunny climate makes it easy to enjoy the city’s municipal parks, jogging paths, and bike trails. Less than an hour away are piney woods, area lakes, Galveston Bay, and sunny Gulf Coast beaches that offer an abundance of activities. Boasting more than 100 different nationalities, Houston is one of the country’s most diverse cities.
Webster is considered part of the Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown Metropolitan Area. Its proximity to the Space Center, as well as to Galveston’s beaches, makes Webster an exciting place to live and explore. The city is said to boast “spine-tingling entertainment, a full spectrum of restaurants, electrifying nightlife and sensational shopping.”
Benefits and Compensation
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability options
- Employee stock purchase program - 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this benefit
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees age 21 and over
Pediatrix® Medical Group, Inc. (Pediatrix) is the nation’s leading provider of physician services. Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians are committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services to women, babies and children across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties include obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine and neonatology complemented by more than 20 pediatric subspecialties, as well as pediatric primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by significant investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives. The physician-led company was founded in 1979 as a single neonatology practice and today provides its highly specialized and often critical care services through more than 5,000 affiliated physicians and other clinicians in 37 states.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers .
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Pediatric Hospitalist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.