Enjoy a great/work life balance in beautiful Alaska
Pediatrix® Alaska Neonatology Associates is seeking a pediatric hospitalist to join our team at Mat-Su Regional Medical Center, a state-of-the-art facility in Palmer, AK, located 45 minutes north of Anchorage, AK.
- 5+ pediatric hospitalist team that shares a group practice with a team of neonatologists, providing hospital-based neonatal and pediatric services in southcentral Alaska
- Shifts are 24 hours with call from home (20-minute response time required)
- Covering the level I newborn nursery with an average daily census
- 7-bed inpatient pediatric unit with an average daily census < 2
- Attendance at high-risk deliveries (hospital has ~800 total annual deliveries; ~25% require in-person attendance)
- Provide consults as needed in the Emergency Department
- Involvement in program development and quality improvement activities is required
About the Area
Palmer, AK, serves the Matanuska-Susitna (Mat-Su) Valley region, the fastest growing community in Alaska located in one of the most stunning locations in the state. The area encompasses 23,000 square miles of mountains, glaciers, rivers, and lakes, all literally in your backyard. The area boasts affordable housing, incredible opportunities for outdoor recreation year-round, and communities with the truly unique Alaskan flair. Enjoy the best Alaska can offer while living and working just 37 miles from the state’s major city of Anchorage.
- BC/BE Pediatrics
- Prior Hospitalist experience preferred but not required
Benefits and Compensation
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability options
- Employee stock purchase program - 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this benefit
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees age 21 and over
Pediatrix® Medical Group, Inc. (Pediatrix) is the nation’s leading provider of physician services. Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians are committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services to women, babies and children across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties include obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine and neonatology complemented by more than 20 pediatric subspecialties, as well as pediatric primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by significant investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives. The physician-led company was founded in 1979 as a single neonatology practice and today provides its highly specialized and often critical care services through more than 5,000 affiliated physicians and other clinicians in 37 states.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers .
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Pediatric Hospitalist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.