Pediatric Intensivist - Practice Medical Director
Children's Hospital in the Palm Beaches
Pediatric Intensivist - Leadership Position
Pediatrix is seeking a BC/BE pediatric intensivist to lead our growing practice as Medical Director at Palms West Hospital in Loxahatchee, FL.
- Palms West Hospital is an HCA facility, one of the largest private health systems in Florida
- 24-bed pediatric floor with a 10-bed PICU; the newborn nursery is managed by our NICU team
- Full fledged children's hospital with well represented sub-specialty service including an active hematology/oncology program with COG membership
- Includes an active pediatric sedation program
- Academic affiliation with a pediatric residency program with opportunities to mentor, teach and train pediatric residents
- 4-physician team providing 24/7 coverage of the PICU
- Rounding in hospital with call from home, there is also a call room available
- If desired, ability to participate in the administration of the GME program
- Leadership of the GME program would require 3-5 years of experience, research/publishing experience and ability to manage scholarships
- If leading the GME program then the role would only require 50% clinical shifts
- Loxahatchee and adjacent community of Wellington, ranked on Florida best places to live and enjoy a reputation as a top equestrian community
About the hospital:
Palms West Hospital is part of HCA Hospitals, one of the largest private healthcare systems in the nation. This 204-bed acute care facility has been providing services in this western Palm Beach community for over 30 years and offers a wide range of specialty services, including a full service children's hospital and a Level III NICU. The labor and delivery unit consists of private birthing and mother/baby suites with the latest technology in a comforting, secure environment.
In the heart of the Palm Beaches, Palms West Hospital, can be reached easily from anywhere in South Florida by the Florida Turnpike. The surrounding communities of Wellington, Royal Palm Beach and Loxahatchee all offer a remedy for congested city living. The stunning scenery of native ecosystems can still be found and home lot sizes average over an acre. Wellington is known as a world-famous equestrian community hosting Olympic level events and polo matches. The colorful culture and nightlife of downtown West Palm Beach and the international airport lie a mere 15 miles east. A variety of tropical beaches and legendary golf courses are all within a half hour drive. Whether you are seeking new culinary treats at top restaurants, a stroll through one of many outdoor malls, or a night at the region’s largest music festival, the Palm Beaches offer many ways to live a cosmopolitan lifestyle.
BC/BE Pediatric Intensivist
Benefits and Compensation
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability options
- Employee stock purchase program - 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this benefit
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees age 21 and over
Pediatrix® Medical Group, Inc. (Pediatrix) is the nation’s leading provider of physician services. Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians are committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services to women, babies and children across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties include obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine and neonatology complemented by more than 20 pediatric subspecialties, as well as pediatric primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by significant investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives. The physician-led company was founded in 1979 as a single neonatology practice and today provides its highly specialized and often critical care services through more than 5,000 affiliated physicians and other clinicians in 37 states.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers .
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Pediatric Intensivist - Practice Medical Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.