Pediatrix Medical Group is seeking a per diem Board Certified Neonatologist to join our team at Arnot Ogden Medical Center (AOMC) in scenic Elmira, New York. Ideal candidates will be strong clinicians who work well in teams, adhere to evidence-based clinical guidelines, and provide high quality care.
Below are highlights of this opportunity:
- As the only regional perinatal center in the market, AOMC offers comprehensive women's health services including MFM services and a Level III NICU
- NNPs provide 24-hour, in-house coverage, as well as transport call, attend high risk deliveries and assess critically-ill newborns in the NICU.
- Services include conventional ventilation and HFOV. Excellent nursing support, along with a range of pediatric sub-specialty support, are available to our physicians for consults and in-house services.
- 20-bed, Level-III NICU, averaging 1,500 deliveries/year with almost 300 NICU admissions and a daily census between 13-15.
- Approximately 15-20 percent of our admissions are transports from referring hospitals that serve surrounding counties.
- Shifts are 24 hours in house
- Pay is between $130-$150/hour
- NY license required
- Board Certification in Neonatology with recent experience required
Benefits and Compensation
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability options
- Employee stock purchase program - 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this benefit
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees age 21 and over
Pediatrix® Medical Group, Inc. (Pediatrix) is the nation’s leading provider of physician services. Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians are committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services to women, babies and children across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties include obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine and neonatology complemented by more than 20 pediatric subspecialties, as well as pediatric primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by significant investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives. The physician-led company was founded in 1979 as a single neonatology practice and today provides its highly specialized and often critical care services through more than 5,000 affiliated physicians and other clinicians in 37 states.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers .
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Neonatologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.