Pediatric Hospitalist - Practice Medical Director
Exciting Opportunity for a Medical Director - Pediatric Hospitalist
at Nexus Children’s Hospital in West Houston!
We have an opportunity for a BC Pediatrician - Medical Director who will provide on-going medical management for acute/episodic, rehabilitation patients.
- Medical Director Pediatric Hospitalist to practice with acute care pediatric nurse practitioners.
- Work as a member of the interdisciplinary team to effectively designate processes for meeting the medical and psychosocial needs of the resident and providing updates and evaluating medical treatment plans, medications and other necessary care.
- Flexible schedule while doing what you love most, providing excellent care.
- Back up call only.
- Provide on-going medical management and acute interventions for patients in the post-acute care setting, working directly with pediatric nurse practitioners within a group setting to provide direct patient care to skilled nursing and assisted living facilities and rehab patients.
About the Hospital
Nexus Children’s Hospital in West Houston, Texas, is a 40-bed, acute-care hospital focused on pediatric patients needing recovery from complex medical issues following an acquired or traumatic brain injury, acute illness, chronic disease or any other life-altering event. As the leaders in pediatric medical services and rehabilitation, Nexus Children’s Hospital and HealthBridge Children’s Hospital treat children with primary medical issues who may also have secondary behavioral problems. Working with patients from infancy to age 21 who may have been unsuccessful in traditional rehabilitation environments, their flexible admissions criteria allows them to treat a wide variety of diagnoses.
About the Area
Proclaimed as the nation's fourth-largest city, Houston is a vibrant metropolis. When it comes to entertainment and recreation, Houston has much to offer, to include professional sports teams, theater and museum districts, hundreds of clubs and live music venues. The largest mall in Texas, The Galleria, is a shopper's paradise. Houston's sunny climate makes it easy to enjoy the city's municipal parks, jogging paths, and bike trails. Less than an hour away are piney woods, area lakes, Galveston Bay, and sunny Gulf Coast beaches that offer an abundance of activities. Boasting more than 100 different nationalities, Houston is one of the country's most diverse cities.
- BC Pediatrician
Benefits and Compensation
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability options
- Employee stock purchase program - 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this benefit
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees age 21 and over
Pediatrix® Medical Group, Inc. (Pediatrix) is the nation’s leading provider of physician services. Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians are committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services to women, babies and children across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties include obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine and neonatology complemented by more than 20 pediatric subspecialties, as well as pediatric primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by significant investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives. The physician-led company was founded in 1979 as a single neonatology practice and today provides its highly specialized and often critical care services through more than 5,000 affiliated physicians and other clinicians in 37 states.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers .
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Pediatric Hospitalist - Practice Medical Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.