Charming Southern Capital
Pediatrix Medical Group is seeking a Neonatal Hospitalist to join our team at HCA Florida Capital Hospital in Tallahassee, FL. Ideal candidates will be strong clinicians who work well in teams, adhere to evidence-based clinical guidelines, and provide high quality care.
**Premium pay offered! Sign-on and relocation assistance available!
- State-of-the-art brand new, 10-bed, Level-II NICU
- Averaging 800 deliveries/year with 100 NICU admissions and an average daily census around 3
- Comprehensive women's health services including a MFM
- Combination of shifts - 24 hour and 16 hour night
- Per Diem positions available
- Provide care in Level-II NICU and Newborn Nursery with Neonatologist back-up
- Attend high risk vaginal and c-section deliveries
About the facility:
HCA Florida Capital Hospital is part of HCA Healthcare, one of the largest private health systems in the country with over 185 hospitals. HCA Florida Capital Hospital is a 266-bed acute-care hospital, serving the big bend community for over 40 years. With multiple accreditations from the Joint Commission and numerous awards for patient safety and excellence, the hospital is excited to open the brand new 10-bed, Level II NICU.
About the area:
As the state capital and home to Florida State University, one thing’s for sure, the area has all the perks (and youthful energy!) of a college town with the political clout that comes from being the center of state government. From a vibrant arts and culture scene to great sports rivalries, Tallahassee offers residents plenty to cheer about. This capital city boasts an abundance of outdoor recreation for all ages, a diverse foodie scene and a ton of family-friendly festivals and activities, not to mention 233 days of sunshine a year and the most beautiful beaches along the Gulf Coast located within an hour’s drive. With all that it has to offer, it’s no coincidence that Livability named Tallahassee one of the Top 100 Best Places to Live and Southern Living Magazine ranked it as one of the top 10 cities in the South.
- The ideal candidate will have a Florida medical license
- NICU experience is preferred
- Must be NRP certified and skilled in neonatal resuscitation
- Skills required include ETT placement, UAC and UVC, LP’s and peripheral arterial lines
Benefits and Compensation
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability options
- Employee stock purchase program - 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this benefit
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees age 21 and over
Pediatrix® Medical Group, Inc. (Pediatrix) is the nation’s leading provider of physician services. Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians are committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services to women, babies and children across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties include obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine and neonatology complemented by more than 20 pediatric subspecialties, as well as pediatric primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by significant investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives. The physician-led company was founded in 1979 as a single neonatology practice and today provides its highly specialized and often critical care services through more than 5,000 affiliated physicians and other clinicians in 37 states.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers .
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Neonatal Hospitalist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.