Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine - Fellowship Program Director
A visionary leader with a passion for teaching is needed for our Pulmonary/Critical Care Fellowship program at Guthrie's main campus a Level II Regional Trauma Center.
Were glad you are interested in joining our team.
- Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine Board Certification required
- A minimum of 3-5 years' experienceas Core Faculty in ACGME-accredited Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine fellowship
- In addition to fulfilling the technical aspects of the role the incumbent must also serve as a role model of professionalism
- Passion for teaching and mentoring physicians in training
- Eligibility for unrestricted PA and NY state license
- Possess strong administrative and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Highlights of the Position
- Responsible for the overall organization implementation and supervision of the Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship
- Coordinate and oversee activities related to recruitment selection instruction teaching research clinical care supervision counseling evaluation advancement of fellows and the maintenance of records related to program accreditation
- Submit accurate and complete information required and requested by the DIO GMEC and ACGME
- Oversee and ensure the quality of didactic and clinical education
- Robust EHR used in all areas including operating room (EPIC 10-Star health system top 1% of EPIC Organizations)
- Work collaboratively with other medical subspecialty fellowship program directors to ensure compliance with the ACGME accreditation standards
- Ensure that the fellowship does not place excessive reliance on fellows for service as opposed to education
- Responsible for other administrative duties as assigned
- Generous paid time off annually in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Full benefits including medical dental vision and disability insurance
- Malpractice/Liability Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Reimbursement of licensure fees Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals
- Meeting time - 14 days with options for home study (includes 10 weekdays and two weekends)
- $3,400 annually for conference registration certifications membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities - Guthrie has 6 residency programs. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine Academic Appointment available
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Dedicated on-boarding specialist and provider services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
Apply for Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine - Fellowship Program Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.