Radiologist with Clinical Informatics Interest
The Department of Radiology at Northwell Health is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible radiologist with a strong interest in informatics to join our team.
Candidate should have:
- Experience in the development and implementation of Information Technology systems within healthcare, with specific experience in radiology systems.
- Board Certified/Eligible in Radiology
- Board certification in clinical informatics or ACGME accredited Clinical Informatics Fellowship program is desirable, but not required. Alternatively, 3 years' experience with clinical radiology informatics with a documented track-record of success.
- Work as part of a team to assist in developing and delivering a strategic vision for a unified and integrated Radiology IT department and bringing it into reality in a timely manner.
- Provide oversight for internal team project management and delivery capabilities to ensure seamless and timely delivery of new functionality and system across the organization.
- Assist in the development and integration of new sites and practices into the standardized workflow and systems developed by Northwell Radiology, including the adaptation of workflow, integration with clinical systems like PACS and RIS systems through DICOM, FHIR, and HL7.
- Along with the Vice-Chair of Informatics and the Director of Informatics, responsible for the development, operations and maintenance of all imaging computer systems including medical imaging, voice recognition, network, data analysis, billing, EHR integration, and all corporate support systems.
- Work collaboratively with radiology IT to provide input and guidance for operations and support of all systems used in the diagnosis of radiology exams by physicians and support staff across Northwell, including network and infrastructure support. This group provides mission-critical support 24 X 7.
- Review budgets for radiology IT business plans ensuring that maximum value is provided to the enterprise.
- Evaluate external advancements in the IT industry to improve radiologist/technologist and customer/user satisfaction, reduce operating expenses and maximize revenues.
Northwell Health includes 23 award-winning hospitals and more than 750 community-based practice locations throughout Long Island, Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and Westchester. All candidates will receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and eligibility for tuition reimbursement. Physicians will be employed as members of Northwell Physician Partners, the fifth largest medical group in the country. Academic appointment to Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell is commensurate with credentials and experience. We continually recruit a diverse physician workforce to meet the needs of the diverse patients we seek to serve; as a result, our Health System is proudly ranked DiversityInc’s #1 Hospital and Health System. Our Department of Radiology’s Committee for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion utilizes a four-pronged approach to promote, sustain, and advance an inclusive environment. For more information and resources regarding our initiatives, please visit our Center for Equity of Care: https://www.northwell.edu/education-and-resources/community-engagement/center-for-equity-of-care.
For additional information and to apply, please contact Dr. Matthew Barish: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Radiologist with Clinical Informatics Interest
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.