Neonatologist Opportunity in Washington's Wine Growing Region!
Pediatrix Medical Group of Washington is seeking a BC/BE Neonatologist to join our practice in the heart of Washington’s celebrated wine and hops-growing region!
- Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital (YVMH) has a 15-bed Level IIIB NICU serving South Central WA state.
- Regional perinatal center for Yakima County, its surrounding counties, 4 federally designated critical access hospitals, and a 5th larger rural hospital.
- Delivery rate of ~2500 births/year.
- The only Level III NICU in a 70-mile radius.
- The NICU has over 40 years of history in providing expert neonatal medical care to this thriving rural community.
- Average daily census of 10 patients and is actively rebuilding its robust service, in partnership with high-level community OB care and MFM services.
- Offering conventional mechanical ventilation and bubble CPAP support but does not offer high frequency ventilation or iNO currently.
- Full complement of therapists: Speech/Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, and Physical Therapists provide consultation, neurodevelopmental assessments, and recommendations for developmentally supportive therapies.
- The team in Yakima partners with its sister practice in Spokane to hold weekly practice meetings, to review and update clinical guidelines, to host journal club, and to present M&M conferences.
- Long-standing working relationship with Seattle Children’s Hospital and its Pediatric subspecialists, who provide regional clinic support for those medically complex patients who need ongoing subspecialty care after discharge home.
- Physicians typically work 5-day blocks with call from home-which offers flexibility in the work schedule and quality work/life balance.
Yakima is centrally located in WA state. Yakima is an outdoor adventurer’s paradise. Located in the rain shadow of the Cascade Mountain range, Yakima boasts an average of 300 sunny days per year. The region features a confluence of mountains, desert, and farmland. The diverse region offers 4 seasons of outdoor activities that include: trails for hiking and snowshoeing, mountains for biking and skiing, and rivers for paddling sports and fly-fishing. Yakima is also known for its agricultural bounty. Yakima orchards supply apples globally, but local farms allow residents to buy fresh produce straight from the field. The region’s vineyards supply grapes for some of the finest WA wine producers. And Yakima farmers are the largest producers of hops for beer production internationally. Hops are big business and support a thriving local craft beer industry.
Located just 2.5hrs from Seattle, WA and 3hrs from Portland, OR-big city amenities are within an easy drive. But Yakima offers a lower cost of living and a variety of housing options from horse ranch to historic homes to modern custom homes. With excellent schools and a strong sense of community, Yakima is a beautiful place to live, work, and raise a family. Welcome to Yakima, WA!
- BE/BC Neonatology
- New Fellows welcome to apply
Benefits and Compensation
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
Salary Range: $210k to $275k base salary dependent on experience, plus an opportunity for an annual practice bonus
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability options
- Employee stock purchase program - 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this benefit
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees age 21 and over
Pediatrix® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation’s leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Pediatrix® family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers .
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Neonatologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.