Relocate to Austin, Texas ranked #1 as best places to live by US News! Newborn Hospitalist Opportunity!
Exciting career opportunity for a BC/BE team-oriented pediatrician to join our neonatology group in North Austin at St. David’s at North Austin Medical Center.
- St. David's North Austin Medical Center, a Level-III NICU with advance imaging procedures and pediatric medical sub-specialties
- Will join a team of pediatricians and PNPs
- Provide 8-10 hour daytime in-house shifts
- Weekend and holiday coverage is required
- Family focused approach to care with sub-specialty support as well as lactation consultants and social workers
- Ideal candidate has the ability to multi-task in a busy nursery setting
- Responsibilities include, delivery attendance, circumcisions, daily rounds of newborn nursery and parent communication and education
About the Area
Austin is the capital of Texas and is the 11th-largest city in the United States and the fourth largest city in the state of Texas and has earned a reputation as one of the best places to live in the nation. It is a community that offers reasonably priced housing, a safe environment, solid schools, healthy and charming neighborhoods and big-city amenities at a small-town pace. With a mild climate and 228 days of sunshine a year, there are plenty of opportunities to get outdoors for fitness, recreation and relaxation. With a thriving economy and no state income tax, Austin offers an unmatched quality of life for everyone.
Benefits and Compensation
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability options
- Employee stock purchase program - 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this benefit
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees age 21 and over
Pediatrix® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation’s leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Pediatrix® family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers .
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Pediatric Hospitalist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.