Pediatric Intensivist - Medical Director
Practice Medical Director Opportunity in one of New York’s Best Places to Live!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Program Medical Director to contribute to the care of medically complex children with chronic medical needs. Lead our team of dedicated Pediatric Hospitalists and Nurse Practitioners at Blythedale Children's Hospital in Valhalla, New York.
- Monday through Friday daytime schedule, working with long-term and medically complex neonatal and pediatric patients
- Coordinating clinical care with a multidisciplinary team that includes neonatal Telehealth support and pediatric subspecialty support from renown Children’s Hospitals in New York.
- 96-bed inpatient unit and 24-bed long term care unit
- Involved in research activities and collaborates with educational institutions to advance medical knowledge and improve patient care.
- Lead coordination of care and outreach activities with affiliated children’s hospitals.
- Subspecialists include Psychiatry, Pulmonary, Gastroenterology, Cardiology, Infectious Disease, Orthopedics, ENT, and Physiatry.
About Blythedale Children's Hospital:
- Established in 1891, New York State's only specialty hospital, and one of only 14 in the United States.
- Thought leader in academic pediatric and policy circles.
- Dedicated to providing comprehensive care to children with complex medical conditions.
- Regional reputation for excellence in caring for infants, children, and adolescents.
About the Area
Valhalla, New York offers a charming suburban lifestyle, embraced by lush greenery and a welcoming community. Residents enjoy a serene environment with access to beautiful parks, hiking trails, and scenic spots like Kensico Dam Plaza. The village's proximity to White Plains and New York City allows for easy commuting and endless entertainment options. Valhalla's excellent schools, diverse dining, and cultural attractions make it an ideal place to raise a family. With a blend of tranquility and convenience, Valhalla is a haven for those seeking a peaceful yet vibrant life.
- Board Certified Pediatrics
- Board Certified Pediatric Critical Care
- Prior leadership experience preferred but not required
- A commitment to clinical excellence and working collaboratively; excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Benefits and Compensation
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
Compensation Range: $370,000 - $435,000 per year based on years of experience
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability options
- Employee stock purchase program - 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this benefit
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees age 21 and over
Pediatrix® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation’s leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Pediatrix® family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers .
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Pediatric Intensivist - Medical Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.