Pediatric Hospitalist opportunity for part time coverage in MD
Pediatrix Medical Group has an exciting opportunity for a BC/BE pediatrician to join our new practice as a full time or part time pediatric hospitalist at Meritus Medical Center in Hagerstown, MD.
- Responsibilities include covering the 12-bed pediatric floor, pediatric patients in the ED, and the newborn nursery
- Shifts are 24 hours and include in-house coverage from 7a-7p then out of house coverage from 7p-7a.
- New grads welcome
- Teaching opportunities available through on-site family medicine residency program, and 4-year medical school scheduled to open fall of 2025
- Leadership position available
- Meritus has a Level 2 nursery with affiliated Pediatrix neonatologists inhouse 24/7
Hagerstown is located in Washington County, known for its rich history and crossroads of the Civil War, and affordable cost of living. But there is also a rich cultural scene in Hagerstown’s Arts & Entertainment District, with the Maryland Theatre and Performing Arts Complex offering year-round shows, concerts, and events. The city also offers outdoor recreation with the Appalachian Trail, national and state parks, and an abundance of options for hiking, biking, kayaking, boating, birding, photography or what you like to do outdoors.
Benefits and Compensation
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability options
- Employee stock purchase program - 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this benefit
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees age 21 and over
Pediatrix® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation’s leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Pediatrix® family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers .
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Pediatric Hospitalist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.