Successful Pediatric Cardiology Practice - Tropical Florida Coast
General Pediatric Cardiologist
Pediatric Cardiology Associates, located in Tampa Bay on Florida's Gulf Coast, is seeking a board-certified or board-eligible General Pediatric Cardiologist.
- Covering the various general pediatric cardiology outpatient clinics in the Tampa Bay market
- Inpatient visits and TEEs in the pediatric cardiac OR for approximately one week out of every 4-6 weeks
- Large, experienced, well-established team of 14 pediatric cardiologists and 3 NPs with 9 offices and clinics located throughout the Tampa/St. Petersburg area
- Offer comprehensive congenital cardiac care from fetal life through adulthood
- The team includes members of all pediatric cardiology sub-specialties including: fetal, advanced imaging (CT, MRI, 3D echo), intervention, electrophysiology, cardiomyopathy/heart failure, preventive, and adult congenital cardiology
- The interventional team performs over 400 catheterizations per year, about 60% of which are interventions
- Recent interventional team accomplishments include:
- Implanting their 250th transcatheter pulmonary valve, Spring 2023
- First program in Tampa Bay and second in Florida to implant Alterra adaptive pre-stent and Sapien valve, Summer 2022
- First program in Florida to implant Harmony valve, Fall 2021
- PDA stenting largely replaced surgical shunt placement in Spring 2020 for neonates with diminished pulmonary blood flow
- First program in Florida to implant the Gore Cardioform ASD Occluder, Fall 2019
- First program in Tampa Bay to offer PDA device closure for premature newborns, first implant, Winter 2016
- Sub-specialty clinics include general pediatric cardiology, interventional, fetal, pulmonary hypertension, cardiomyopathy, ACHD, electrophysiology, and preventive cardiology
- Our ACHD program is the ONLY certified Adult Congenital Heart Association program in north and central Florida
- This position also offers 24/7 collaboration with our excellent pediatric cardiac surgical and pediatric cardiac intensive care teams at St Joseph's Children's Hospital
- Our center offers a unique depth of hospital infrastructure:
- Two state of the art 1000+ square foot hybrid capable catheterization labs/ORs (one biplane, one single plane)
- Two additional biplane catheterization labs
- Two EP labs
- Dedicated congenital cardiac OR
- Comprehensive pediatric cardiac intensive care unit with in-house 24-hour cardiac intensivist coverage
- We have the added benefits of a children's hospital inside a large tertiary adult hospital, which is attached to a dedicated women's hospital. The women's hospital includes a Level IV NICU. This simplifies care across all patient ages with easy access to consultants from all pediatric and adult specialties
- Pediatrix, as a national pediatric cardiology group with over 125 pediatric cardiologists, provides opportunities for quality initiatives that can have national impact
- We offer an attractive schedule allowing freedom to enjoy a great quality of life
- Generous compensation and benefits package offered
About the Area
Tampa Bay’s warm weather affords plenty of opportunities to relish the great outdoors year round. You will live in a region others only get to enjoy on vacation. Golf at one of nearly 100 courses or relax on one of the many pristine white-sand beaches. The area offers an assortment of family venues such as zoos, aquariums, theme parks, and state parks. Additionally Tampa Bay offers access to world-class museums, professional sporting events and the performing arts. There is a wide range of residential choices to fit every budget and lifestyle - whether you are looking for big city downtown living, golf course communities, waterfront lifestyle, majestic horse farms or historic neighborhoods. There is no state income tax.
- Ideally seeking candidates with TEE and cardiac ICU experience and at least 3 years of experience post-fellowship
- BC/BE in Pediatric Cardiology
Benefits and Compensation
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability options
- Employee stock purchase program - 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this benefit
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees age 21 and over
Pediatrix® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation’s leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Pediatrix® family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers .
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Pediatric Cardiologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.