Neonatologist - Practice Medical Director
NICU Medical Director opportunity within an hour’s drive to the beautiful Atlantic Ocean
Pediatrix has an exciting opportunity for a BC neonatologist to lead our 3 physician and 2 NNP practice at Mary Immaculate Hospital in Newport News, VA.
- 8-bed Level 3A NICU and active newborn service support with 1800 deliveries a year and growing, with future plans for an expanded 47,000 square foot BirthPlace that will house the NICU on a floor of the new surgical center with 13 NICU beds including single occupancy rooms
- Responsibilities include prenatal consults, NICU coverage, newborn coverage and delivery attendance
- Coverage model includes both in-house and at-home call supporting our team of experienced neonatal nurse practitioners and physicians’ assistants
- Each neonatologist will cover 1/3 of the shifts each month, splitting in-house and at-home call allowing for a flexible schedule and balanced lifestyle
- Opportunities abound for quality improvement projects, administrative positions and regional collaboration, inviting your involvement in change
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
About the Hospital
Mary Immaculate is part of Bon Secours Mercy Health System, one of the largest neonatology service providers in the Mid-Atlantic. It also covers St. Mary’s Hospital, St. Francis Medical Center, Memorial Regional Medical Center, and Southside Regional.
About the Area
The Tidewater region of Virginia offers unparalleled coastal living and close proximity to the Historic Triangle (Williamsburg, Yorktown, and Jamestown) and Richmond. Residents enjoy an outstanding climate with a mild change of seasons, natural beauty and world-class attractions. The broad recreational opportunities offered by the James and other rivers, the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean add to this area’s allure as a unique place to live, work and play. Whether you prefer to spend your free time boating on the ubiquitous waterways, sunning on the bay or the ocean, dining in Williamsburg or Richmond, or skiing at a world-class resort, your destination is either just across town or an easy drive away. The area is served by an international airport for more distant destinations. Southeast Virginia enjoys a strong network of public and private schools, career institutions and highly respected undergraduate and graduate colleges, including the College of William & Mary, Old Dominion University and Christopher Newport University. Two of our public school districts rank 4 th and 5 th in a state that ranks in top 12 in the US!. Despite all this Virginia affords its residents a surprisingly generous standard of living, with home prices a mere tick above the national average.
BC/BE Neonatologist, and prior leadership experience preferred
Benefits and Compensation
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability options
- Employee stock purchase program - 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this benefit
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees age 21 and over
Pediatrix® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation’s leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Pediatrix® family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers .
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Neonatologist - Practice Medical Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.