Internal Medicine Physician - Outpatient Primary Care
INTERNAL MEDICINE PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN
Yale New Haven Health, the largest and most comprehensive healthcare system in Connecticut, is inviting internal medicine-trained physicians to join an established Internal Medicine primary care practice.
Yale New Haven Health includes Yale New Haven, Bridgeport, Greenwich, Lawrence + Memorial and Westerly hospitals; several specialty networks; and Northeast Medical Group (NEMG) a physician-led multispecialty group. NEMG is a not-for-profit multispecialty medical foundation established in 2010. Because we are part of Yale New Haven Health, our patients have access to all the resources of one of the country's leading health systems, including our affiliated hospitals where Northeast Medical Group physicians also care for patients:
We are proud to offer:
- Highly competitive compensation including Sign On, wRVU and Quality Bonus plans
- Generous education loan assistance program
- Flexible schedules to ensure work-life balance (36 clinical hours) 4.5 days and Light Call
- Dedicated Medical Assistant, Scribe service and office support so you can focus on patient care
- A collegial environment with access to expert specialists and the resources of one of the nation's leading health systems
- Volunteer faculty appointment opportunities with Yale School of Medicine
- Physician Mentoring Program
- Leadership opportunities
- Epic electronic medical record to share patient information with every clinician in our health system and beyond
Enjoy all four seasons in beautiful New England with family-oriented residential communities with some of the best schools in the nation. Equidistant between New York City and Boston.
To learn more, please email our In-House Physician Recruiter:
Sophie Kotomski at Sophie.Kotomski@ynhh.org
Websites: www.northeastmedicalgroup.org/careers www.ynhhs.org
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for providing appropriate non-surgical primary and continuing care to all patients in Northeast Medical Group, as well as leadership, coordination, and administration duties. The Physician leads an interdisciplinary team of primary caregivers and administrative support staff to perform assigned duties while displaying the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct as well as acting in the best interest of Northeast Medical Group supporting our mission, vision and values to optimize the health and well-being of our patients.
- 1. Examines patients, obtains medical histories and treats acute and chronic illnesses
- 2. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic tests
- 3. Involves patients and their families in care and treatment decisions
- 4. Creates treatment plans and completes orders in patient's charts
- 5. Collaborates on improvements in care delivery and service with staff, other physicians and management
- 6. Initiates appropriate specialty referrals
- 7. Provides clinical information to the interdisciplinary team in a clear and timely manner
- 8. Ensures that proper patient documentation is timely, accurate and complete
- 9. Works with practice management to ensure proper compliance with billing, coding and CPT code assignment
- 10. Achieves and maintains optimal patient access
- 11. Provides interdepartmental medical consultation as requested
- 12. Participates in the development of medical protocols, standard procedures and management of patient-care-related activities
- 13. Provides on-call coverage
- 14. Gives feedback to and accepts feedback from all staff in respectful manner
- 15. Acts in a positive and professional manner, complying with practice policies, procedures and federal and state laws
- 16. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned 16 .1 Promotes health education in conjunction with other health professionals 16 .2 Efficiently uses group practice and healthcare resources 16 .3 Contributes to quality improvement activities by actively participating in the medical staff activities, serving on various committees and suggesting and supporting process improvements 16 .4 Advises the Chief Medical Officer of any problems that can affect the efficiency of the organization
(number of years and type required to perform the position duties): Degree of MD or DO with ABIM-recognized internal medicine residency (three years minimum) or ABFM-recognized family medicine residency (three years minimum)
(number of years and type required to meet an acceptable level of performance): Preferred: Professional clinical experience in primary care practice, either family medicine or internal medicine SPECIAL SKILLS:
Valid American Board certification in either internal medicine or family medicine and renewed (if needed) prior to expiration Valid and unrestricted Connecticut medical license BLS certification Valid DEA registration and Controlled Substance Certificate
Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures and techniques. Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment. Ability to effectively manage and direct medical staff support activities while providing quality patient care. Ability to receive detailed information and express and exchange ideas orally. Ability to perform under stress. Possesses excellent written and oral communication, listening and social skills. Ability to interact effectively with people of varied educational, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds, skill levels and value systems. Professionally performs in a tactful manner. Taps experience and uses independent judgment to plan and accomplish goals .
Must possess the physical and mental abilities to perform the tasks normally associated with the practice of internal and family medicine.
YNHHS Requisition ID
Apply for Internal Medicine Physician - Outpatient Primary Care
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.