Sleep Medical Director - Denver, CO
Pediatric Sleep Medical Director
Children's Hospital Colorado
This is a prestigious position with a world-class university, children's hospital and sleep program. The new Director will be involved in programmatic growth, innovation, oversight, and clinical responsibilities.
Children's Hospital Colorado Pediatric Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine Section has 53 faculty members, including MD, DO, PhD, Nurse Practitioner, and Physician Assistant Faculty with ongoing interests in asthma, interstitial lung disease, pulmonary hypertension, bronchopulmonary dysplasia, cystic fibrosis, sleep medicine, the pediatric airway and medical education.
The section also has a pediatric pulmonary fellowship program with 7 fellows and a shared sleep medicine fellowship program (with National Jewish Health) with 1 fellow. The Pulmonary and Sleep program is physically located at Children's Hospital Colorado. The Pulmonary and Sleep Section is ranked 6th in the country by USNWR and 4th in expert-opinion/reputation ranking.
The section of Pediatric Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine has robust clinical, academic and research programs. Historical and current portfolio in these areas is extensive, with locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally known experts in the fields of pulmonary and sleep medicine.
Research program includes basic, translational, and clinical research in the areas of asthma, cystic fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension, chronic lung disease of prematurity, inhalation injuries including vaping, sleep, aerodigestive disorders, childhood interstitial lung disease (ChILD) and Trisomy 21
- The organization, planning, and directing of clinical programming for the Sleep Program, in partnership with CHCO Breathing Institute medical and administrative leadership, CHCO Respiratory Care Director, and the CHCO Sleep Laboratory Director and Sleep Program Manager.
- Provide leadership (in collaboration with other MD/CHCO leadership) for sleep clinics, inpatient sleep studies, and sleep research in the areas of expansion, teaching, advocacy, clinical care, etc.
- Provide direction and input to other medical and administrative leaders of the sleep program.
- Bring provider concerns to the attention of clinic leadership and ambulatory administration to improve clinical services
- Conduct outpatient clinics (sleep) at Anschutz, network of care (NOC) and/or NOC regional locations at 3-4 half-day clinics per week
- Clinical activities include sleep study interpretations/managing red folders/direct sleep study assignments among providers
- Attend on the sleep inpatient service
- Division of clinical and research responsibilities would be considered and could be adjusted based on the successful candidate's portfolio
- Base salary commensurate with rank
- Signing bonus
- Relocation assistance
- Full benefits package to include retirement contributions, paid time off, CME allowance, and more
Live Where Others Vacation!
- Ranked among the best places to live in the U.S. in 2022-23
- Booming economy and fantastic quality of life
- Beautiful city with great nightlife and world-class recreation - a fantastic mix of both nature and city life!
- Mix of contemporary and modern neighborhoods; beautiful suburb areas with top-rated schools
- Vibrant arts & culture scene, endless attractions at your fingertips
- Soak up an avg. of 300 sunny days each year with NO humidity!
Reference: SM 22467
Apply for Sleep Medical Director - Denver, CO
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.