Geriatric - Program Director
Geriatric Fellowship Program
TidalHealth located in Salisbury, MD, is seeking an innovative leader who is an ABIM or AOBIM Board-Certified Geriatrician, to become the program director for our brand-new Geriatric Fellowship Program. This role will oversee the development, application, and maintenance of certification of the fellowship program in compliance with Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) requirements and the Policies and Procedures of TidalHealth. There will be a required commitment of 80% Clinical Services and 20% Administrative Services. This position offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits package including malpractice, health insurance, CME coverage & Onsite Daycare!
TidalHealth has more than 30 locations and is anchored by two award-winning hospitals: TidalHealth Peninsula Regional and TidalHealth Nanticoke. TidalHealth Medical Partners is our physician-led, professionally managed, multispecialty group practice that promotes low stress and high resilience. It is an environment where other providers feel like family, with a true sense of collegiality. Our expansive physician network includes more than 250 primary and specialty care providers in 22 specialties across 29 locations. Surrounded by the Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic Ocean, our location on the Delmarva Peninsula offers a family-oriented area that gives you the best of all worlds - a casual lifestyle, easy access to the beach and to nearby Washington DC and Baltimore, and a highly professional, prestigious medical setting in a growing area with several universities. Our physicians enjoy family-friendly neighborhoods and a low cost of living. We have many options for private and public schools and plenty of recreational opportunities, including water sports, outdoor life, golf, and bike paths.
The Program Director of the Geriatric Fellowship Program is responsible for the leadership, organization, operation, and general administration of the Geriatric Fellowship Program sponsored by TidalHealth. The Program Director establishes the strategic direction of the program and is responsible for the standards, quality, and reputation of the Fellowship Program. The Program Director is expected to integrate the Geriatric Fellowship Program with physician practices and hospital clinical services in a manner that enhances value and quality, and that promotes an optimal environment for professional practice.
- Design, organize and direct the new Geriatric Fellowship Program at TidalHealth.
- Maintain current knowledge of and compliance with ACGME Institutional and Program Requirements.
- Participate in the Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC), subcommittees and task forces (including program representation at all GMEC meetings), and internal review panels as requested.
- Curriculum development and overseeing education and clinical care in all program related patient care areas the organization of rotations and other educational activities at all clinical sites that participate in the program.
- Maintain active clinical practice in Geriatric medicine .
- Recruit, interview and select the Geriatric Fellows.
- Submit reports on program, faculty, and fellow performance to the GMEC as requested by the Chair of the GMEC.
- Update annually both program and fellows' records through the ACGME's Accreditation Data System.
- Ensure the implementation of fair policies, grievance procedures, and due process, as established by the GMEC, and in compliance with the ACGME Institutional Requirements.
- Prepare an accurate statistical and narrative description of the program as requested by the Geriatric Review Committee of the ACGME.
- Prepare for and participate in the on-site program reviews.
- Clinically practicing physician with current board certification in Geriatric Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) or by the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine (AOBIM.)
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Maryland.
- Eligible for unrestricted Active Medical Staff Privileges for Geriatrics.
- Administrative experience and at least three years of participation as an active faculty member in an ACGME-accredited Internal Medicine Residency or Geriatric Fellowship.
- A history of scholarly activity within the last 5 years and consistent with ACGME guidelines.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Geriatric requirements for ensuring accreditation as an ACGME-accredited program.
- A skilled clinician who prioritizes patient-centered care.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The understanding and ability to teach as measured by the success of the fellows that they have trained.
- Demonstration of professional behaviors that allow the Program Director to serve as a role model.
- Demonstrate values and behaviors consistent with TidalHealth's values and behavior standards.
- The ability to manage a departmental budget and staff.
Apply for Geriatric - Program Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.