Northwell Health Department of Behavioral Health seeks Board Certified/Board Eligible Telepsychiatrist to join our team in Manhattan, New York.
Telepsychiatry is a rapidly evolving, innovative approach to providing access to care. Using videoconferencing technology, doctors can provide consultation and diagnostic services to patients anytime, anywhere. Already used extensively in research settings, telepsychiatry is a growing modality that can help providers bridge large distances and bring cutting-edge care to underserved populations.
Telepsychiatry ensures the emergency departments throughout our system will always be equipped to manage a patient in crisis who needs psychiatric care and support. Through the use of two-way audiovisual technology, a dedicated behavioral telehealth care manager and a telepsychiatrist are available 24/7 to assess and assist with care decisions for the patient, reducing wait times and improving the overall experience.
- Work 12-hour shifts on a state-of-the-art academic 24/7 Telehealth Service
- “Virtual” Emergency Psychiatry Service consulting to Adult & Pediatric Emergency Depts.
- Fully supported by dedicated Social Worker and clerical/technical staff
- Optimized workspace includes natural light, adjustable desks, and fitness equipment
- Only 12 shifts/month for full time, six shifts/month for part time, includes overnights
- Academic appointment, teaching, and leadership opportunities
Benefits associated with employment at Northwell Health include (but are not limited to):
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Four weeks’ vacation plus paid conference/CME time and allowance
- College tuition reimbursement for dependent children
- Advanced educational opportunities (e.g. fully funded master’s degree programs) at Hofstra University and at Northwell’s corporate university, the Center for Learning and Innovation (CLI)
- Academic appointment commensurate with credentials and experience The Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
- Must be BC/BE and licensed in NYS state
- Superior computer and EHR skills, Emergency Psychiatry experience prefer.
- Must be able to assess ED patients of all ages and work mix of days/overnights
Qualified candidates should forward their CV to Alice Perkins: APerkins2@northwell.edu.
Northwell Health is New York State’s largest health care provider and private employer, with 23 hospitals, more than 600 outpatient facilities, and nearly 15,000 affiliated physicians. We care for over two million people annually in the New York metro area and beyond, thanks to philanthropic support from our communities. Our 66,000 employees – 15,000-plus nurses and 4,000 employed doctors, including members of Northwell Health Physician Partners – are working to change health care for the better. We’re making breakthroughs in medicine at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research. We're training the next generation of medical professionals at the visionary Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell and the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies.
Diversity and Health Equity:
Northwell Health is committed to training, supporting, and nurturing physicians from all backgrounds. We fully understand that diversity is integral for our institutional excellence and a means to attaining health equity. As a result, our diversity and inclusion efforts are a part of everything we do, from education, to clinical care, to research, to physician well-being. Diversity and inclusion permeates our educational and clinical initiatives. We have set a goal to make sure every one of our physicians receives training on how to deliver high quality, culturally competent care. Our recent educational areas of focus have been on social determinants of health, community engagement, and developing a medical-legal partnership for our physicians-in-training. One of our many strengths is our diverse patient population and our expectation is that our diverse patient populations receive equitable care, irrespective of who they are. As a result, we continually recruit a diverse physician workforce to meet the needs of our diverse patients.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Physicians are employed through Northwell Health Physician Partners, one of the largest medical groups in the country.