- Loma Linda University, Loma Linda
- May 18, 2023
- Position Type
The Loma Linda University Eye Institute invites applications from qualified optometrists to practice in our ophthalmology department with an emphasis in Pediatric Ophthalmology. The Loma Linda Eye Institute has excellent clinical facilities and a large, diverse patient population. It is a high volume and fast paced practice. Associated with Loma Linda University Medical Center and Children’s Hospital, LLUEI is also a teaching facility with ophthalmology residents and fellows.
The Loma Linda Eye Institute has excellent clinical facilities and a large, diverse patient population. Associated with Loma Linda University Medical Center and Children’s Hospital, LLUEI is also a teaching facility with ophthalmology residents and fellows.
The responsibilities of the optometrist include:
- Pediatric Ophthalmology clinic:
- Perform detailed medical histories for all patients
- Conduct extensive Pediatric Ophthalmologic examinations including sensorimotor exam and Fresnel prism placement
- Prescribe corrective lenses and medications as necessary
- Facilitate completion of documentation including results of sensorimotor exam, external and fundus photography, Humphrey Visual Field, and Ocular Coherence Tomography
- Analyze test results and develop a treatment plan
- Act as liaison between patient and provider both during and after the encounter by answering questions, taking phone calls and educating patients as necessary
- Consult with and refer patients to other health care practitioners as necessary
- Perform refractions and comprehensive eye exams
- Manage stable Pediatric Ophthalmology patients
- Contact lens fittings and care
The ideal candidate will have strong desire to work with children with vision problems and a tertiary care pediatric Ophthalmology team. At the time of application candidates must have an OD degree from an ACOE accredited institution and be licensed in the State of California with glaucoma certification. Residency training and Clinical teaching experience are highly preferred but not required. The level of appointment will be determined by the experience of the applicant. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Compensation & Benefits:
The compensation range listed is for starting base compensation only and is adjusted based upon years of experience and/or faculty rank: $100,000- $108,000. This amount does not include variable compensation or extra productivity and is subject to the individual department compensation plans. More information on compensation is discussed with the departments during the recruitment process.
Our benefits include:
- Generous Retirement Contribution
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental Coverage
- Competitive Vacation & Sick Days
- CME Days and Funds
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
- Paid Malpractice Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance
- Loan Repayment/State & Federal (if eligible)
For more information on Loan Forgiveness, please click on the links below:
Physicians for a Healthy California | Public Service Loan Forgiveness
We are a California Employer - Please note that a California residency is required upon start date.
This opportunity is not eligible for a J1 Waiver.
Apply for Pediatric Optometrist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.