Northwell Health’s Division of Infectious Disease is seeking an Internal Medicine Physician to join our growing HIV Program in Long Island, NY. In this role, the Internal Medicine Physician/ HIV Specialist will be responsible for providing comprehensive care to HIV patients and management of common and complex diseases. The ideal candidate will have experience providing HIV prevention services, including PrEP and PEP and demonstrate clinical competence related to the diagnosis and treatment of HIV-infected patients and patients with other infectious diseases. The ideal candidate will also have experience and interest in writing grants. The Division of Infectious Disease offers comprehensive care to patients with acute or chronic infections and is a leader in infectious disease control.
- Join a team of over twenty Infectious Disease Physicians.
- Maintain a clinic panel of people living with HIV and other patients appropriate to ongoing infectious disease oversight
- Ability to work with an interdisciplinary including NP’s, RN’s, Social Work, Psychiatry, and Health Education
- Academic appointment with the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra University. We are committed to the training and education of the future providers and leaders in the field of infectious diseases. Our faculty is known for our teaching excellence when it comes to medical students, residents and fellows, and our staff holds leadership positions in local, regional, and national organizations.
- Collaborative research opportunities are present at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research.
We continually recruit a diverse physician workforce to meet the needs of the diverse patients we seek to serve; as a result, our Health System is proudly ranked Diversity Inc’s #1 Hospital and Health System. We fully understand that diversity is integral for our institutional excellence and a means to attaining health equity. As a result, our diversity and inclusion efforts are a part of everything we do, from education, to clinical care, to research, to physician well-being. For more information and resources regarding our initiatives, please visit our Center for Equity of Care, https://www.northwell.edu/education-and-resources/community-engagement/center-for-equity-of-care
Northwell Health is New York State’s largest health care provider and private employer, with 21 hospitals, 850 outpatient facilities and more than 16,600 affiliated physicians. We care for over two million people annually in the New York metro area and beyond, thanks to philanthropic support from our communities. Our 81,000 employees – 18,900 nurses and 4,200 employed doctors, including members of Northwell Health Physician Partners – are working to change health care for the better. We’re making breakthroughs in medicine at the Feinstein Institutes for Medical Research. We're training the next generation of medical professionals at the visionary Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell and the Hofstra Northwell School of Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies. For information on our more than 100 medical specialties, visit Northwell.edu and follow us @NorthwellHealth on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
For further details or to apply, please e-mail the Office of Physician Recruitment at: OPR@northwell.edu
Full-time clinical base compensation at Northwell Health ranges from $125K to $750K, which is impacted by various factors, including but not limited to physician specialty, level of experience, quality of care, academic accomplishments, patient experience and productivity. The base compensation range listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.