Access to Numerous Lakes - Seeking Hematology/Medical Oncology Physician
- Essentia Health
- Brainerd, Minnesota
- Contact recruiter for salary and benefit information!
- Mar 16, 2023
- Hematology / Oncology
- Position Type
Seeking 2 Hematologist/Medical Oncologists who excel in relationship-based care and support cancer patients in a warm and welcoming setting. You will be joining our current team of two Hematologist/Medical Oncologists and 2 Oncology Advanced Practice Registered Nurses in a physician-led, integrated health system group practice.
- Caring and attentive team of support services including genetic counselor, nutrition support, social work, nurse navigation, research nurse, physical rehabilitation, and lymphedema specialists
- Specialty services include on-site Radiation Oncology, Surgery, Interventional Radiology & Cardiology, and Palliative Care
- Multidisciplinary Tumor Board Conferences
- Telemedicine/community cancer center included
- Quarterly meetings with Essentia Health Hem/Onc providers. Part of a comprehensive oncology service line through Essentia Health which allows easy access to peer networking and mentorship opportunities with colleagues in Duluth and Fargo
- Essentia Health being a dyad led organization. Physician leadership partnered with Administrative leadership.
- Consultative call only; hospitalists routinely admit and cover patients at night. Approximately 10 days of call a month.
- Average 12 – 15 follow up visits and 1 – 2 new patients per day.
- Outreach possibility after practice established
- Nurse Practitioner run High Risk Breast Program & Survivorship Clinic
- Low Dose CT Lung Cancer Screening program
- 24-Chair on-site Ambulatory Infusion Center with an average volume of 40 patient visits per day. Administration of chemotherapy, immunotherapy, supportive medications including antibiotics, iron, IVIG, and blood/blood products.
- NCI Community Oncology Research Program grant (NCORP) recipient with access to current, relevant clinical trials
- Professional affiliation with tertiary referral center
- Program accreditations as a Community Cancer Program and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers by the American College of Surgeons
- Accredited Breast Center of Excellence
- 2020 Chartis Center for Rural Health Top 100 rural and community hospitals award
- CMS Care Compare 4-star rating - 2021
- National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health Overall Excellence in Quality and Patient Satisfaction
- Level III Trauma Center
- Minnesota Department of Health Primary Stroke Center Certification
- Joint Commission Hip Replacement Program – Gold Seal of Approval
- Joint Commission Knee Replacement Program – Gold Seal of Approval
- Baby-Friendly Designation
- Certified as HIMSS EMRAM (Electronic Medical Record Adoption Model) Level 7 for both our Inpatient and Ambulatory facilities
- BC/BE in Hematology BC/BE in Medical Oncology
- Brainerd, MN – located at the center of Minnesota, the Heart of the Lakes Area.
- We are a nature-lovers paradise with nationally recognized golf courses, miles of rugged mountain bike switchbacks, racetracks, the longest paved train in Minnesota and an abundancy of lakes to boat, fish or just sit back and relax…enjoying the sunsets.
- Approximately 2 hours from the Twin Cities, Fargo, and Duluth
- Brainerd Lakes Area population: 65,000; Regional service area: 115,000
- For more information about our communities, visit: Welcome to the Brainerd Lakes Area Get Lost in the Adventure (explorebrainerdlakes.com)
Essentia Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status.
Search or Apply online at: www.essentiahealth.org/careers or contact:
Liz Huesman, Physician Recruiter
(work) 701-261-6824 (fax) 218-722-9952
Apply for Access to Numerous Lakes - Seeking Hematology/Medical Oncology Physician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.